Director Mueller, the president hasrepeatedly claimed that your report found there was no obstructionand that it completely and totally exonerated him, but that is notwhat your report said, is it? – Correct.
It is not whatthe report said.
– Could you charge the presidentwith a crime after he left office? – Yes.
– You believe that he committed.
You could charge the president of the United States withobstruction of justice after he left office? – Yes.
– Ethically? Under the ethical standards? – I'm not certain because I haven'tlooked at the ethical standards but OLC opinion says that theprosecutor cannot bring a charge against a sitting president,nonetheless, he can continue the investigation to see if thereare any other persons who might be drawn intothe conspiracy.
– "I love WikiLeaks," Donald Trump,October 10, 2016.
"This WikiLeaks stuff is unbelievable,it tells you the inner heart, you gotta read it," Donald Trump, October 12, 2016.
Do any of those quotesdisturb you, Mr Director? – I'm not certain I would say.
– How do you react? – Well, problematicis an understatement.
– Would you agree that it was nota hoax that the Russians were engaged in trying to impactour election? – Absolutely.
It was not a hoax.
The indictments we returnedagainst the Russians, two different ones, were substantialin their scope, using that scope word again.
And I think we have underplayedto a certain extent that aspect of our investigation that has,and would have, long-term damage to the United Statesthat we need to move quickly to address.
– When Donald Trump calledyour investigation a "witch-hunt", that was also false,was it not? – I'd like to think so, yes.
– Well, your investigationis not a witch-hunt, is it? – It is not a witch-hunt.