>>> DONALD TRUMP MADE NEWS IN >>> DONALD TRUMP MADE NEWS IN HIS 30-HOUR ABC INTERVIEW.

HIS 30-HOUR ABC INTERVIEW.

HE SAID HE’D ACCEPT FOREIGN HE SAID HE’D ACCEPT FOREIGN ELECTION DIRT.

ELECTION DIRT.

THAT MADE WAVES.

THAT MADE WAVES.

HE’S DISCUSSING DECISIONS HE HE’S DISCUSSING DECISIONS HE COULD MAKE NOW THAT COULD AFFECT COULD MAKE NOW THAT COULD AFFECT HIS PREDECESSORS.

HIS PREDECESSORS.

HE WAS REFERRING TO REDESIGNING HE WAS REFERRING TO REDESIGNING AIR FORCE ONE.

AIR FORCE ONE.

>> THE SURPRISE FROM THE >> THE SURPRISE FROM THE PRESIDENT, THE FIRST LOOK AT AN PRESIDENT, THE FIRST LOOK AT AN UPDATED AIRCRAFT, A NEW LOOK FOR UPDATED AIRCRAFT, A NEW LOOK FOR AIR FORCE ONE THAT HE DESIGNED AIR FORCE ONE THAT HE DESIGNED HIMSELF.

HIMSELF.

>> HERE’S YOUR NEW AIR FORCE >> HERE’S YOUR NEW AIR FORCE ONE.

ONE.

AND I’M DOING THAT FOR OTHER AND I’M DOING THAT FOR OTHER PRESIDENTS, NOT FOR ME.

PRESIDENTS, NOT FOR ME.

>> IT’S SCHEDULED TO ARRIVE IN >> IT’S SCHEDULED TO ARRIVE IN 2024, THE EXTERIOR GETTING A 2024, THE EXTERIOR GETTING A MAKE OVER WITH A NEW RED, WHITE MAKE OVER WITH A NEW RED, WHITE AND BLUE PAINT SCHEME, A AND BLUE PAINT SCHEME, A DEPARTURE FROM THE ICONIC BLUE DEPARTURE FROM THE ICONIC BLUE AND WHITE.

AND WHITE.

>> BUT TRUMP COULD HAVE A LARGER >> BUT TRUMP COULD HAVE A LARGER IMPACT ON FUTURE PRESIDENTS THAT IMPACT ON FUTURE PRESIDENTS THAT GO BEYOND PLANE DESIGN, LIKE THE GO BEYOND PLANE DESIGN, LIKE THE EDGES OF EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE.

EDGES OF EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE.

NOW, MY NEXT GUEST WARNS THE NOW, MY NEXT GUEST WARNS THE PRECEDENCE TRUMP’S ACTIONS SET PRECEDENCE TRUMP’S ACTIONS SET COULD HINDER OTHER PRESIDENTS NO COULD HINDER OTHER PRESIDENTS NO MATTER THE PARTY.

MATTER THE PARTY.

FORMER ACTING SOLICITOR GENERAL FORMER ACTING SOLICITOR GENERAL NEAL KATYAL HAS ARGUED DOZENS OF NEAL KATYAL HAS ARGUED DOZENS OF ARGUMENTS IN THE SUPREME COURT.

ARGUMENTS IN THE SUPREME COURT.

HE LEADS OUR OPENING ARGUMENT.

HE LEADS OUR OPENING ARGUMENT.

NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN.

NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN.

>> NICE TO SEE YOU, ARI.

>> NICE TO SEE YOU, ARI.

>> US WRITE IN "THE NEW YORK >> US WRITE IN "THE NEW YORK TIMES," A PIECE THAT’S MAKING TIMES," A PIECE THAT’S MAKING WAVES, BY ABUSING THE PRIVILEGE WAVES, BY ABUSING THE PRIVILEGE POWER, THERE IS A DANGER HERE POWER, THERE IS A DANGER HERE THAT IS MORE THAN A PRESENT THAT IS MORE THAN A PRESENT DANGER.

DANGER.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN? WHAT DO YOU MEAN? >> WELL, SO EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE >> WELL, SO EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE IS A CONCEPT, ARI, THAT GOES ALL IS A CONCEPT, ARI, THAT GOES ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE FOUNDING THE WAY BACK TO THE FOUNDING THAT PRESIDENTS SHOULD HAVE SOME THAT PRESIDENTS SHOULD HAVE SOME ZONE OF SECRECY AROUND THEM, TO ZONE OF SECRECY AROUND THEM, TO HAVE CONFIDENTIAL DELIBERATION HAVE CONFIDENTIAL DELIBERATION ANDS DECISION MAKING.

ANDS DECISION MAKING.

I WROTE THIS PIECE BECAUSE IT’S I WROTE THIS PIECE BECAUSE IT’S EASY TO SEE A LOT OF TRUMP’S EASY TO SEE A LOT OF TRUMP’S ABUSES IN THE SHORT TERM.

ABUSES IN THE SHORT TERM.

THINGS LIKE HIM LYING, DEFYING THINGS LIKE HIM LYING, DEFYING CONGRESS, OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE CONGRESS, OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

THERE’S SOME SUBTLE LONG-TERM THERE’S SOME SUBTLE LONG-TERM EFFECTS OF THE THINGS HE’S EFFECTS OF THE THINGS HE’S DOING.

DOING.

AND ONE OF THEM IS WITH RELATION AND ONE OF THEM IS WITH RELATION TO EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE.

TO EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE.

I’VE BEEN IN TWO DIFFERENT I’VE BEEN IN TWO DIFFERENT ADMINISTRATIONS AND I WOULD SAY ADMINISTRATIONS AND I WOULD SAY PARTICULARLY PRESIDENT OBAMA WAS PARTICULARLY PRESIDENT OBAMA WAS REALLY CAREFUL TO MAKE SURE THAT REALLY CAREFUL TO MAKE SURE THAT HE WOULDN’T INVOKE EXECUTIVE HE WOULDN’T INVOKE EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE UNLESS ABSOLUTELY PRIVILEGE UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

NECESSARY.

HE ONLY INVOKED IT ONCE IN EIGHT HE ONLY INVOKED IT ONCE IN EIGHT YEARS, EVEN THOUGH MANY YEARS HE YEARS, EVEN THOUGH MANY YEARS HE HAD CONGRESS OPPOSED TO HIM IN HAD CONGRESS OPPOSED TO HIM IN TERMS OF BEING FROM THE OPPOSITE TERMS OF BEING FROM THE OPPOSITE PARTY.

PARTY.

AND ONE REASON HE DID THAT AND AND ONE REASON HE DID THAT AND WAS SO SPARING WAS BECAUSE HE WAS SO SPARING WAS BECAUSE HE KNEW IF HE BECAME EXTRAVAGANT IN KNEW IF HE BECAME EXTRAVAGANT IN THE USE OF EXECUTIVE POWER, THEN THE USE OF EXECUTIVE POWER, THEN IT WOULD BIND FUTURE PRESIDENTS.

IT WOULD BIND FUTURE PRESIDENTS.

COURTS WOULD PUSH BACK, CONGRESS COURTS WOULD PUSH BACK, CONGRESS WOULD PUSH BACK.

WOULD PUSH BACK.

THE PUBLIC WOULD PUSH BACK.

THE PUBLIC WOULD PUSH BACK.

AND I THINK UNFORTUNATELY DONALD AND I THINK UNFORTUNATELY DONALD TRUMP’S PROFLIGATE USE WILL DO TRUMP’S PROFLIGATE USE WILL DO THOSE THINGS.

THOSE THINGS.

>> SO MANY HAVE HEARD YOU >> SO MANY HAVE HEARD YOU DISCUSSING DONALD TRUMP’S DISCUSSING DONALD TRUMP’S QUESTIONABLE JUDGMENT AND QUESTIONABLE JUDGMENT AND JUDGMENT.

JUDGMENT.

I DON’T THINK THAT COMES FROM A I DON’T THINK THAT COMES FROM A TRUMP OBSESSION.

TRUMP OBSESSION.

A, I THINK IT COMES FROM THE A, I THINK IT COMES FROM THE QUESTIONS WE PUT TO YOU, AND B, QUESTIONS WE PUT TO YOU, AND B, THE ERA WE’RE IN.

THE ERA WE’RE IN.

THE "THE NEW YORK TIMES" ARTICLE THE "THE NEW YORK TIMES" ARTICLE TALKED ABOUT WHAT YOU VIEW AS TALKED ABOUT WHAT YOU VIEW AS OVERREACH BY PRESIDENT CLINTON.

OVERREACH BY PRESIDENT CLINTON.

TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT THAT.

TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT THAT.

>> EXACTLY.

>> EXACTLY.

SO PRESIDENT CLINTON INVOKED SO PRESIDENT CLINTON INVOKED EXECUTIVE POWER A BUNCH OF EXECUTIVE POWER A BUNCH OF TIMES.

TIMES.

I THINK ONCE HE STARTED DOING I THINK ONCE HE STARTED DOING THAT, THE COURTS REALLY PUSHED THAT, THE COURTS REALLY PUSHED BACK ON HIM.

BACK ON HIM.

HE COULDN’T USE IT FOR THINGS HE COULDN’T USE IT FOR THINGS THAT ACTUALLY HAD A BETTER THAT ACTUALLY HAD A BETTER BASIS.

BASIS.

HE USED IT FOR THINGS THAT WERE HE USED IT FOR THINGS THAT WERE PERSONAL, LIKE THE LEWINSKY PERSONAL, LIKE THE LEWINSKY INVESTIGATION, TRYING TO BLOCK INVESTIGATION, TRYING TO BLOCK HIS AIDES FROM TESTIFYING.

HIS AIDES FROM TESTIFYING.

AND NOW YOU SEE DONALD TRUMP AND NOW YOU SEE DONALD TRUMP DOING EXACTLY THE SAME THING, DOING EXACTLY THE SAME THING, SAYING McGAHN CAN’T COME BEFORE SAYING McGAHN CAN’T COME BEFORE CONGRESS.

CONGRESS.

CAN’T TESTIFY.

CAN’T TESTIFY.

AND LAST WEEK STARTLINGLY TRUMP AND LAST WEEK STARTLINGLY TRUMP SAID I’M GOING TO INVOKE SAID I’M GOING TO INVOKE EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE ON THE EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE ON THE CENSUS.

CENSUS.

THERE IS THIS WHOLE DEBATE WHICH THERE IS THIS WHOLE DEBATE WHICH IS NOW BEFORE THE SUPREME COURT IS NOW BEFORE THE SUPREME COURT ABOUT WHY THE TRUMP ABOUT WHY THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION ADDED THIS ADMINISTRATION ADDED THIS QUESTION TO THE CENSUS ABOUT QUESTION TO THE CENSUS ABOUT CITIZENSHIP.

CITIZENSHIP.

THE CENSUS BUREAU’S OWN THE CENSUS BUREAU’S OWN STATISTICIAN SAID THIS WOULD STATISTICIAN SAID THIS WOULD REALLY DEPRESS MINORITY VOTING.

REALLY DEPRESS MINORITY VOTING.

THERE ARE NOW DOCUMENTS THAT THERE ARE NOW DOCUMENTS THAT HAVE COME OUT WHICH SAY THIS WAS HAVE COME OUT WHICH SAY THIS WAS A REPUBLICAN PLOT ALL ALONG.

A REPUBLICAN PLOT ALL ALONG.

>> DOCUMENTS FROM A DEAD MAN’S >> DOCUMENTS FROM A DEAD MAN’S LAPTOP.

LAPTOP.

>> EXACTLY.

>> EXACTLY.

WHO KNOWS WHETHER THIS IS TRUE WHO KNOWS WHETHER THIS IS TRUE OR NOT, BUT THAT’S AFTER ALL OR NOT, BUT THAT’S AFTER ALL WHAT CONGRESS IS SUPPOSED TO GET WHAT CONGRESS IS SUPPOSED TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF.

TO THE BOTTOM OF.

HERE YOU HAVE THE PRESIDENT HERE YOU HAVE THE PRESIDENT SAYING, HUH-UH, I’M NOT GOING TO SAYING, HUH-UH, I’M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU.

TELL YOU.

A JUDGE, FEDERAL JUDGE, HAS A JUDGE, FEDERAL JUDGE, HAS SAID, YEAH, SURE LOOKS LIKE THE SAID, YEAH, SURE LOOKS LIKE THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION HAS BEEN TRUMP ADMINISTRATION HAS BEEN LYING.

LYING.

AND THEN THE PRESIDENT INVOKES AND THEN THE PRESIDENT INVOKES EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE.

EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE.

AGAIN, IT LOOKS LIKE TO COVER UP AGAIN, IT LOOKS LIKE TO COVER UP WRONGDOING, NOT FOR SOMETHING WRONGDOING, NOT FOR SOMETHING ELSE.

ELSE.

IT LOOKS SOMETHING OUT OF THE IT LOOKS SOMETHING OUT OF THE NIXON PLAY BOOK.

NIXON PLAY BOOK.

>> SO I’M CURIOUS, WHILE WE HAVE >> SO I’M CURIOUS, WHILE WE HAVE YOU, I HAPPEN TO KNOW A LOT OF YOU, I HAPPEN TO KNOW A LOT OF FOLKS ON THE HILL LISTEN KEENLY FOLKS ON THE HILL LISTEN KEENLY TO BOTH YOUR ANALYSIS, BUT ALSO TO BOTH YOUR ANALYSIS, BUT ALSO IN A MORE SELF-INTERESTED WAY, IN A MORE SELF-INTERESTED WAY, HOW YOU HANDICAP THEIR VARIOUS HOW YOU HANDICAP THEIR VARIOUS LEGAL STRATEGIES.

LEGAL STRATEGIES.

NOBODY HAS THE FULL PICTURE NOBODY HAS THE FULL PICTURE NECESSARILY, BUT WE HAVE A SENSE NECESSARILY, BUT WE HAVE A SENSE OF WHAT THEY’RE DOING NOW OF WHAT THEY’RE DOING NOW BECAUSE THEY HAVE TELEGRAPHED BECAUSE THEY HAVE TELEGRAPHED AND POLITICO HAS THIS BIG PIECE AND POLITICO HAS THIS BIG PIECE WE WERE DISCUSSING A LITTLE WE WERE DISCUSSING A LITTLE EARLIER IN THE HOUR, AN END RUN EARLIER IN THE HOUR, AN END RUN AROUND PRESIDENT TRUMP’S AROUND PRESIDENT TRUMP’S EXECUTIVE ASSERTIONS, CALLING EXECUTIVE ASSERTIONS, CALLING WITNESSES WHO NEVER WORKED IN WITNESSES WHO NEVER WORKED IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

THE WHITE HOUSE.

THIS SORT OF SKIPS OVER THE THIS SORT OF SKIPS OVER THE WHOLE DEBATE.

WHOLE DEBATE.

IT DOES NOT OBVIOUSLY RESOLVE IT DOES NOT OBVIOUSLY RESOLVE THE COURT BATTLES OVER THE THE COURT BATTLES OVER THE PEOPLE WHO DID WORK IN THE WHITE PEOPLE WHO DID WORK IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

HOUSE.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEIR WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEIR STRATEGY HERE? STRATEGY HERE? >> SO, IT’S PARTIALLY GOOD.

>> SO, IT’S PARTIALLY GOOD.

SO, LOOK, EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE IS SO, LOOK, EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE IS A WEAK CLAIM IF YOU’RE TRYING TO A WEAK CLAIM IF YOU’RE TRYING TO ASSERT IT ON BEHALF OF PEOPLE ASSERT IT ON BEHALF OF PEOPLE WHO NEVER WERE IN THE GOVERNMENT WHO NEVER WERE IN THE GOVERNMENT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

IN THE FIRST PLACE.

THAT’S WHAT THAT POLITICO THAT’S WHAT THAT POLITICO ARTICLE SAYS THE DEMOCRATS ARE ARTICLE SAYS THE DEMOCRATS ARE GOING TO TRY AND DO.

GOING TO TRY AND DO.

BUT, YOU KNOW, LOOK, TRUMP BUT, YOU KNOW, LOOK, TRUMP ABUSES EVERY PRIVILEGE IN THE ABUSES EVERY PRIVILEGE IN THE SAME WAY — IT’S KIND OF LIKE SAME WAY — IT’S KIND OF LIKE KING GEORGE.

KING GEORGE.

TAKE A LEGAL CONCEPT AND THEN TAKE A LEGAL CONCEPT AND THEN STRETCH IT BEYOND ALL STRETCH IT BEYOND ALL RECOGNITION, AND THAT’S WHAT YOU RECOGNITION, AND THAT’S WHAT YOU HAVE TRUMP DOING.

HAVE TRUMP DOING.

AND SO, YOU KNOW, I DON’T THINK AND SO, YOU KNOW, I DON’T THINK THAT THAT WILL OBVIATE THE COURT THAT THAT WILL OBVIATE THE COURT FIGHT.

FIGHT.

AND I THINK ULTIMATELY, THE AND I THINK ULTIMATELY, THE CONGRESS IS GOING TO HAVE TO CONGRESS IS GOING TO HAVE TO FIGHT IN COURT AND ALSO HAVE TO FIGHT IN COURT AND ALSO HAVE TO OPEN IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS OPEN IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS BECAUSE IT’S THE ONLY WAY TO BECAUSE IT’S THE ONLY WAY TO REALLY GUARANTEE QUICK ANSWERS REALLY GUARANTEE QUICK ANSWERS ON THESE BOGUS EXECUTIVE ON THESE BOGUS EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE ASSERTIONS.

PRIVILEGE ASSERTIONS.

>> AND HEARING YOU SAY THAT IS >> AND HEARING YOU SAY THAT IS REALLY INTERESTING THAT YOU REALLY INTERESTING THAT YOU THINK THEY HAVE VALIDITY TO THE THINK THEY HAVE VALIDITY TO THE STRATEGY, BUT THE VERY SOBER, IF STRATEGY, BUT THE VERY SOBER, IF I MAY, THE VERY ERUDITE NEAL I MAY, THE VERY ERUDITE NEAL KATYAL IS TELLING DIMS THROUGH KATYAL IS TELLING DIMS THROUGH THE TELEVISION, THAT’S FINE, BUT THE TELEVISION, THAT’S FINE, BUT IT WON’T RESOLVE THE BIGGER.