>>> WELCOME BACK TO "HARDBALL.

" >>> WELCOME BACK TO "HARDBALL.

" A KNEW NBC NEWS/"WALL STREET A KNEW NBC NEWS/"WALL STREET JOURNAL" POLL SHOWS A SHIFT IN JOURNAL" POLL SHOWS A SHIFT IN PUBLIC OPINION ON IMPEACHMENT.

PUBLIC OPINION ON IMPEACHMENT.

27% OF AMERICANS NOW SAY THERE 27% OF AMERICANS NOW SAY THERE IS ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO BEGIN IS ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO BEGIN IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS.

IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS.

THAT IS UP TEN POINTS IN THE THAT IS UP TEN POINTS IN THE LAST MONTH.

LAST MONTH.

24% SAY CONGRESS SHOULD CONTINUE 24% SAY CONGRESS SHOULD CONTINUE INVESTIGATING TO SEE IF THERE’S INVESTIGATING TO SEE IF THERE’S ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO IMPEACH THE ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT.

PRESIDENT.

THE RISING SUPPORT FOR HEARINGS THE RISING SUPPORT FOR HEARINGS COMES MOSTLY FROM DEMOCRATS COMES MOSTLY FROM DEMOCRATS WHOSE SUPPORT FOR IMPEACHMENT IS WHOSE SUPPORT FOR IMPEACHMENT IS UP 18 POINTS OVER THE LAST UP 18 POINTS OVER THE LAST MONTH.

MONTH.

A SEPARATE POLL FROM FOX NEWS A SEPARATE POLL FROM FOX NEWS SHOWS 43% OF VOTERS SUPPORT SHOWS 43% OF VOTERS SUPPORT IMPEACHING AND REMOVING TRUMP.

IMPEACHING AND REMOVING TRUMP.

THAT POLL SHOWS SUPPORT FOR THAT POLL SHOWS SUPPORT FOR IMPEACHMENT AND REMOVABLE AMONG IMPEACHMENT AND REMOVABLE AMONG INDEPENDENTS UP 15 POINTS OVER INDEPENDENTS UP 15 POINTS OVER THE COURSE OF THE LAST YEAR.

THE COURSE OF THE LAST YEAR.

PRESIDENT TRUMP REACTED WITH A PRESIDENT TRUMP REACTED WITH A TWEET CONTRADICTING THIS POLLING TWEET CONTRADICTING THIS POLLING TWEETING, "ALMOST 70% IN NEW TWEETING, "ALMOST 70% IN NEW POLL SAY DON’T IMPEACH.

POLL SAY DON’T IMPEACH.

SO RIDICULOUS TO EVEN BE TALKING SO RIDICULOUS TO EVEN BE TALKING ABOUT THIS SUBJECT.

" ABOUT THIS SUBJECT.

" BUT DEMOCRATS MIGHT BE FACING BUT DEMOCRATS MIGHT BE FACING INCREASING PRESSURE TO GO INCREASING PRESSURE TO GO FORWARD WITH IMPEACHMENT.

FORWARD WITH IMPEACHMENT.

HERE’S WHAT CONGRESSWOMAN HERE’S WHAT CONGRESSWOMAN ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ SAID ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ SAID YESTERDAY.

YESTERDAY.

>> I THINK EVERY DAY THAT PASSES >> I THINK EVERY DAY THAT PASSES THE PRESSURE TO IMPEACH GROWS, THE PRESSURE TO IMPEACH GROWS, AND I THINK THAT IT’S AND I THINK THAT IT’S JUSTIFIABLE.

JUSTIFIABLE.

I THINK THE EVIDENCE CONTINUES I THINK THE EVIDENCE CONTINUES TO COME IN, AND I BELIEVE THAT TO COME IN, AND I BELIEVE THAT WITH THE PRESIDENT NOW SAYING WITH THE PRESIDENT NOW SAYING THAT HE IS WILLING TO BREAK THE THAT HE IS WILLING TO BREAK THE LAW TO WIN RE-ELECTION, THAT — LAW TO WIN RE-ELECTION, THAT — THAT GOES — THAT TRANSCENDS THAT GOES — THAT TRANSCENDS PARTISANSHIP, IT TRANSCENDS PARTISANSHIP, IT TRANSCENDS PARTY LINES AND THIS IS NOW PARTY LINES AND THIS IS NOW ABOUT THE RULE OF LAW IN THE ABOUT THE RULE OF LAW IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

>> JOINING ME NOW IS DEMOCRATIC >> JOINING ME NOW IS DEMOCRATIC CONGRESSWOMAN MARCIE KAPTER OF CONGRESSWOMAN MARCIE KAPTER OF OHIO.

OHIO.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING A FEW THANK YOU FOR TAKING A FEW MINUTES.

MINUTES.

YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THOSE, I YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THOSE, I THINK IT’S ABOUT FIVE DEMOCRATS THINK IT’S ABOUT FIVE DEMOCRATS IN CONGRESS NOW WHO HAVE BEEN IN CONGRESS NOW WHO HAVE BEEN CALLING FOR IMPEACHMENT, COME CALLING FOR IMPEACHMENT, COME OUT AND PUBLICLY SAID IT.

OUT AND PUBLICLY SAID IT.

IS IT THERE A CHANCE YOU MAY IS IT THERE A CHANCE YOU MAY JOIN THEM OR DO YOU SAY, NO, JOIN THEM OR DO YOU SAY, NO, WE’RE NOT GOING TO GO FORWARD WE’RE NOT GOING TO GO FORWARD WITH IMPEACHMENT? WITH IMPEACHMENT? >> WELL, FIRST OF ALL, YOU NEED >> WELL, FIRST OF ALL, YOU NEED VERY THOROUGH INVESTIGATION VERY THOROUGH INVESTIGATION BEFORE YOU MOVE FORWARD WITH BEFORE YOU MOVE FORWARD WITH IMPEACHMENT, BUT FOR ME IMPEACHMENT, BUT FOR ME PERSONALLY, IMPEACHMENT ISN’T PERSONALLY, IMPEACHMENT ISN’T ENOUGH.

ENOUGH.

IT ISN’T ABOUT ONE PERSON, IT’S IT ISN’T ABOUT ONE PERSON, IT’S ABOUT THE RING AROUND THE ABOUT THE RING AROUND THE PRESIDENT.

PRESIDENT.

MANY OF THEM LOOTERS.

MANY OF THEM LOOTERS.

MANY OF THEM, IN MY OPINION, MANY OF THEM, IN MY OPINION, TREASONOUS TO THIS COUNTRY.

TREASONOUS TO THIS COUNTRY.

PAUL MANAFORT BEING ONE OF THEM.

PAUL MANAFORT BEING ONE OF THEM.

AND ALREADY OVER SIX INDIVIDUALS AND ALREADY OVER SIX INDIVIDUALS HAVE BEEN CONVICTED.

HAVE BEEN CONVICTED.

SOME ARE TRYING TO WORK OUT SOME ARE TRYING TO WORK OUT DEALS BUT WE REALLY NEED TO DEALS BUT WE REALLY NEED TO REMOVE THE CORRUPTION AND WE REMOVE THE CORRUPTION AND WE NEED TO REMOVE THOSE WHO ARE NEED TO REMOVE THOSE WHO ARE SUPPORTING THE ENEMIES OF SUPPORTING THE ENEMIES OF LIBERTY.

LIBERTY.

I REALLY THINK THAT’S WHAT’S AT I REALLY THINK THAT’S WHAT’S AT STAKE IN THIS ELECTION THAT’S STAKE IN THIS ELECTION THAT’S COMING UP.

COMING UP.

>> YOU SAY — YOU SAY IN THE >> YOU SAY — YOU SAY IN THE ELECTION.

ELECTION.

ARE YOU DRAWING A DISTINCTION ARE YOU DRAWING A DISTINCTION THERE SAYING THE WAY TO GET THE THERE SAYING THE WAY TO GET THE PRESIDENT OUT OF OFFICE, THE WAY PRESIDENT OUT OF OFFICE, THE WAY TO ADDRESS THESE ISSUES IS TO ADDRESS THESE ISSUES IS THROUGH AN ELECTION AND NOT THROUGH AN ELECTION AND NOT THROUGH IMPEACHMENT? THROUGH IMPEACHMENT? >> WELL, I DON’T KNOW WHETHER >> WELL, I DON’T KNOW WHETHER THE COMMITTEES HAVE JURISDICTION THE COMMITTEES HAVE JURISDICTION WILL HAVE COMPLETED THEIR WORK.

WILL HAVE COMPLETED THEIR WORK.

YOU KNOW THE ADMINISTRATION’S YOU KNOW THE ADMINISTRATION’S BEEN WITHHOLDING INFORMATION AND BEEN WITHHOLDING INFORMATION AND IT’S BEEN HARD TO GET THE IT’S BEEN HARD TO GET THE EVIDENCE THAT THE IS NECESSARY EVIDENCE THAT THE IS NECESSARY TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THE PROPER TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THE PROPER FINDINGS.

FINDINGS.

SO WORDS ARE EL CHAPOCHEAP, BUT SO WORDS ARE EL CHAPOCHEAP, BUT MOVE FORWARD WITH AN IMPEACHMENT MOVE FORWARD WITH AN IMPEACHMENT EFFORT INSIDE THE HOUSE WHERE IT EFFORT INSIDE THE HOUSE WHERE IT WILL START, YOU HAVE TO MAKE WILL START, YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE THAT ALL OF YOUR SURE THAT ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION IS LOCKED DOWN, AND, INFORMATION IS LOCKED DOWN, AND, FRANKLY, IT’S NOT SECRET THAT FRANKLY, IT’S NOT SECRET THAT THIS ADMINISTRATION HAS HELD THIS ADMINISTRATION HAS HELD BACK INFORMATION REPEATEDLY.

BACK INFORMATION REPEATEDLY.

ALL THE INDIVIDUALS, WHETHER ALL THE INDIVIDUALS, WHETHER IT’S MICHAEL FLYNN, WHETHER IT’S IT’S MICHAEL FLYNN, WHETHER IT’S MICHAEL COHEN, WHETHER IT’S PAUL MICHAEL COHEN, WHETHER IT’S PAUL MANAFORT, I DON’T CARE WHICH ONE MANAFORT, I DON’T CARE WHICH ONE YOU PICK, THEY LIED AND THEY YOU PICK, THEY LIED AND THEY WITHHELD EVIDENCE, THEY DID NOT WITHHELD EVIDENCE, THEY DID NOT TELL THE TRUTH, AND SO YOU’RE TELL THE TRUTH, AND SO YOU’RE NOT WORKING WITH AN NOT WORKING WITH AN ADMINISTRATION OR THE RING ADMINISTRATION OR THE RING AROUND THE PRESIDENT WHO HAVE AROUND THE PRESIDENT WHO HAVE BEEN FORTHCOMING.

BEEN FORTHCOMING.

IT MAKES IT VERY, VERY IT MAKES IT VERY, VERY DIFFICULT.

DIFFICULT.

AND JUSTICE MEETS OUT SLOWLY.

AND JUSTICE MEETS OUT SLOWLY.

BUT I BELIEVE THAT IT NEEDS TO BUT I BELIEVE THAT IT NEEDS TO MEET OUT METHODICALLY.

MEET OUT METHODICALLY.

>> DO YOU — >> DO YOU — >> AND THIS RING GOES WELL >> AND THIS RING GOES WELL BEYOND THE PRESIDENT.

BEYOND THE PRESIDENT.

>> OKAY.

>> OKAY.

BUT ON THE QUESTION OF THE BUT ON THE QUESTION OF THE PRESIDENT, YOU’VE READ THE PRESIDENT, YOU’VE READ THE MUELLER REPORT, I ASSUME.

MUELLER REPORT, I ASSUME.

DO YOU BELIEVE BASED ON YOUR DO YOU BELIEVE BASED ON YOUR READING OF THE MUELLER REPORT READING OF THE MUELLER REPORT THAT THE PRESIDENT COMMITTED THAT THE PRESIDENT COMMITTED OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE? OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE? >> I CANNOT TELL FROM THE >> I CANNOT TELL FROM THE MUELLER REPORT BECAUSE THERE ARE MUELLER REPORT BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY REDACTED PAGES.

SO MANY REDACTED PAGES.

IT APPEARS TO ME THAT THE IT APPEARS TO ME THAT THE PRESIDENT, HE DOESN’T LOOK LIKE PRESIDENT, HE DOESN’T LOOK LIKE HE’S INNOCENT.

HE’S INNOCENT.

HE LOOKS LIKE HE’S TRYING TO HE LOOKS LIKE HE’S TRYING TO FEED THE PUBLICITY AROUND HIS FEED THE PUBLICITY AROUND HIS OWN SITUATION.

OWN SITUATION.

WHAT WOULD IT MATTER TO HIM? WHAT WOULD IT MATTER TO HIM? HE HAS MOST EVERYTHING IN THE HE HAS MOST EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD THAT HE WANTS, ALMOST.

WORLD THAT HE WANTS, ALMOST.

AND FOR HIS OWN REPUTATION TO AND FOR HIS OWN REPUTATION TO GIVE US THE INFORMATION THAT WE GIVE US THE INFORMATION THAT WE WANT.

WANT.

SO HE’S WITHHOLDING EVIDENCE.

SO HE’S WITHHOLDING EVIDENCE.

>> OKAY.

>> OKAY.

BUT YOU SAY YOU CAN’T TELL — BUT YOU SAY YOU CAN’T TELL — YOU’RE SAYING — YOU’RE CITING YOU’RE SAYING — YOU’RE CITING REDACTIONS HERE.

REDACTIONS HERE.

DOES THE MUELLER REPORT LEAVE DOES THE MUELLER REPORT LEAVE OPEN IN YOUR POSSIBILITY — OPEN IN YOUR POSSIBILITY — LEAVE OPEN IN YOUR MIND, EXCUSE LEAVE OPEN IN YOUR MIND, EXCUSE ME, THE POSSIBILITY THAT THE ME, THE POSSIBILITY THAT THE PRESIDENT COMMITTED OBSTRUCTION PRESIDENT COMMITTED OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE? OF JUSTICE? >> OH, ABSOLUTELY.

>> OH, ABSOLUTELY.

>> OKAY.

>> OKAY.

SO WHY NOT HAVE — I GUESS THE SO WHY NOT HAVE — I GUESS THE QUESTION I’M TRYING TO PUT QUESTION I’M TRYING TO PUT TOGETHER WHAT YOU’RE SAYING TOGETHER WHAT YOU’RE SAYING HERE.

HERE.

IF YOU’VE READ THE REPORT, YOU IF YOU’VE READ THE REPORT, YOU THINK THE REPORT DOESN’T ANSWER THINK THE REPORT DOESN’T ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS AND THE ALL THE QUESTIONS AND THE QUESTION EXISTS IN YOUR MIND OF QUESTION EXISTS IN YOUR MIND OF OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE POSSIBLY OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE POSSIBLY BEING COMMITTED BY THE BEING COMMITTED BY THE PRESIDENT.

PRESIDENT.

IS THAT NOT GROUNDS TO GO IS THAT NOT GROUNDS TO GO FORWARD WITH AN IMPEACHMENT FORWARD WITH AN IMPEACHMENT INVESTIGATION? INVESTIGATION? >> WELL, I THINK INVESTIGATIONS >> WELL, I THINK INVESTIGATIONS ARE OCCURRING.

ARE OCCURRING.

WE HAVE SOME EXCELLENT WE HAVE SOME EXCELLENT COMMITTEES, ACTUALLY SIX OF COMMITTEES, ACTUALLY SIX OF THEM.

THEM.

I’M NOT ON THOSE COMMITTEES, BUT I’M NOT ON THOSE COMMITTEES, BUT THEY ARE I BELIEVE GOING OVER TO THEY ARE I BELIEVE GOING OVER TO THE WHITE HOUSE THIS WEEK TRYING THE WHITE HOUSE THIS WEEK TRYING TO OBTAIN INFORMATION THAT WE TO OBTAIN INFORMATION THAT WE NEED.

NEED.

THE LAW ISN’T LIKE A VERY QUICK THE LAW ISN’T LIKE A VERY QUICK INSTA BREAKFAST.

INSTA BREAKFAST.

THE LAW TAKES TIME AND WE HAVE THE LAW TAKES TIME AND WE HAVE TO PIN DOWN FACTS AND WE HAVE TO TO PIN DOWN FACTS AND WE HAVE TO GET THE INFORMATION IN ORDER TO GET THE INFORMATION IN ORDER TO DO THAT.

DO THAT.

SO POLITICALLY IT’S EASY TO SAY, SO POLITICALLY IT’S EASY TO SAY, OH, WE’RE GOING TO DO THIS.

OH, WE’RE GOING TO DO THIS.

AND — BUT TO ACTUALLY HAVE THE AND — BUT TO ACTUALLY HAVE THE EVIDENCE IN HAND SO THAT YOU CAN.