>> SHE WAS OUR BREAKING NEWS >> SHE WAS OUR BREAKING NEWS LAST NIGHT AND OUR NEXT GUEST LAST NIGHT AND OUR NEXT GUEST TONIGHT.

TONIGHT.

HERE’S HOW THE CONGRESSWOMAN HERE’S HOW THE CONGRESSWOMAN MADE NEWS LAST NIGHT.

MADE NEWS LAST NIGHT.

>> TODAY I AM ANNOUNCING THAT I >> TODAY I AM ANNOUNCING THAT I BELIEVE THAT THE HOUSE OF BELIEVE THAT THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES SHOULD BEGIN AN REPRESENTATIVES SHOULD BEGIN AN IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY OFFICIALLY.

IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY OFFICIALLY.

>> THIS MORNING ANOTHER ILLINOIS >> THIS MORNING ANOTHER ILLINOIS MEMBER OF CONGRESS, FRESHMAN MEMBER OF CONGRESS, FRESHMAN SHAWN KASTON FOLLOWED HER LEAD.

SHAWN KASTON FOLLOWED HER LEAD.

>> SHOULD THERE BE AN >> SHOULD THERE BE AN IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY AGAINST IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY AGAINST DONALD TRUMP? DONALD TRUMP? >> WITH GREAT REGRET, THE ANSWER >> WITH GREAT REGRET, THE ANSWER IS YES.

IS YES.

I CAME HERE AS A BUSINESSMAN AND I CAME HERE AS A BUSINESSMAN AND A SCIENTIST AND WANTED TO WORK A SCIENTIST AND WANTED TO WORK ON CLIMATE CHANGE AND THAT WAS ON CLIMATE CHANGE AND THAT WAS NOT WHY I CAME, BUT THE DAILY NOT WHY I CAME, BUT THE DAILY ASSAULTS ON THE CONSDPUGZ WHAT ASSAULTS ON THE CONSDPUGZ WHAT WE KNOW RUSSIA DID AND THE WE KNOW RUSSIA DID AND THE FAILURE OF THE PRESIDENT TO FAILURE OF THE PRESIDENT TO ALLOW US TO DO OUR JOB AS I ALLOW US TO DO OUR JOB AS I THINK MADE THIS A NECESSITY.

THINK MADE THIS A NECESSITY.

>> TWO MORE DEMOCRATIC MEMBERS >> TWO MORE DEMOCRATIC MEMBERS ANNOUNCED SUPPORT TODAY.

ANNOUNCED SUPPORT TODAY.

CALIFORNIA DEMOCRAT TONY CALIFORNIA DEMOCRAT TONY CARDENAS AND CONGRESSWOMAN NIDIA CARDENAS AND CONGRESSWOMAN NIDIA VELASQUEZ.

VELASQUEZ.

>> I HAVE LONG VIEWED >> I HAVE LONG VIEWED IMPEACHMENT AS A LAST RESORT.

IMPEACHMENT AS A LAST RESORT.

NOT JUST BECAUSE IT IS NOT JUST BECAUSE IT IS POLITICALLY DIVICIVE, BUT IT POLITICALLY DIVICIVE, BUT IT MUST BE GROUNDED IN THE FACTS.

MUST BE GROUNDED IN THE FACTS.

TODAY GIVEN THE FACTS AVAILABLE, TODAY GIVEN THE FACTS AVAILABLE, I BELIEVE AN IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY I BELIEVE AN IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY IS THE ONLY PATH FORWARD.

IS THE ONLY PATH FORWARD.

>> THAT BRINGS THE TOTAL NUMBER >> THAT BRINGS THE TOTAL NUMBER OF DEMOCRATIC MEMBER WHO IS OF DEMOCRATIC MEMBER WHO IS SUPPORT IMPEACHMENT TO 72 AND SUPPORT IMPEACHMENT TO 72 AND ONE REPUBLICAN MEMBER OF THE ONE REPUBLICAN MEMBER OF THE HOUSE SUPPORTS IMPEACHMENT.

HOUSE SUPPORTS IMPEACHMENT.

JOINING US NOW IS FROM JOINING US NOW IS FROM ILLINOIS’S NINTH DISTRICT.

ILLINOIS’S NINTH DISTRICT.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR JOINING THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR JOINING US TONIGHT.

US TONIGHT.

I DON’T KNOW IF YOU SAW US HERE I DON’T KNOW IF YOU SAW US HERE LAST NIGHT TRYING TO GUESS WHAT LAST NIGHT TRYING TO GUESS WHAT WENT ON BETWEEN AND YOU NANCY WENT ON BETWEEN AND YOU NANCY PELOSI BEFORE YOU MADE THIS PELOSI BEFORE YOU MADE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.

ANNOUNCEMENT.

TELL US, ABOUT YOU CHECK WITH TELL US, ABOUT YOU CHECK WITH NANCY PELOSI? NANCY PELOSI? DID SHE ASK YOU NOT TO DO IT? DID SHE ASK YOU NOT TO DO IT? DID SHE WANT TO YOU DO IT? DID SHE WANT TO YOU DO IT? >> SHE DIDN’T, BUT I WAS SITTING >> SHE DIDN’T, BUT I WAS SITTING ON MY COUCH IN MY ROBE WATCHING ON MY COUCH IN MY ROBE WATCHING YOU SPECULATE, ALL OF YOU ON YOU SPECULATE, ALL OF YOU ON WHAT NANCY MIGHT HAVE SAID.

WHAT NANCY MIGHT HAVE SAID.

I DID CHECK WITH HER AND WE HAD I DID CHECK WITH HER AND WE HAD A CONVERSATION ABOUT IT.

A CONVERSATION ABOUT IT.

I TOLD HER THAT I WAS GOING TO I TOLD HER THAT I WAS GOING TO MAKE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.

MAKE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.

SHE NEVER TRIED TO TALK ME OUT SHE NEVER TRIED TO TALK ME OUT OF IT.

OF IT.

SHE CONTINUED TO MAKE CLEAR THAT SHE CONTINUED TO MAKE CLEAR THAT OUR CAUCUS IS GOING TO CONTINUE OUR CAUCUS IS GOING TO CONTINUE LEGISLATING AND LITIGATING AND LEGISLATING AND LITIGATING AND DOING ALL THE THINGS WE NEED TO DOING ALL THE THINGS WE NEED TO DO TO DO THE INVESTIGATING TO DO TO DO THE INVESTIGATING TO MAKE SURE THAT — NANCY PELOSI MAKE SURE THAT — NANCY PELOSI HAS NEVER SHIED AWAY FROM HAS NEVER SHIED AWAY FROM TALKING ABOUT THE PRESIDENT OF TALKING ABOUT THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

THE UNITED STATES.

AS SOMEONE WHO COMMITTED CRIMES, AS SOMEONE WHO COMMITTED CRIMES, SOMEONE WHO IS UNFIT FOR OFFICE, SOMEONE WHO IS UNFIT FOR OFFICE, AS I HAVE.

AS I HAVE.

SHE DIDN’T TRY TO TALK ME OUT OF SHE DIDN’T TRY TO TALK ME OUT OF THIS.

THIS.

SHE IS PROCEEDING AHEAD SHE IS PROCEEDING AHEAD VIGOROUSLY TO DO WHAT SHE HAS VIGOROUSLY TO DO WHAT SHE HAS BEEN DOING.

BEEN DOING.

>> CONGRESSWOMAN, I KNOW THAT >> CONGRESSWOMAN, I KNOW THAT NANCY PELOSI DOES NOT HAVE A NANCY PELOSI DOES NOT HAVE A STRONGER SUPPORTER IN THE HOUSE STRONGER SUPPORTER IN THE HOUSE THAN YOU.

THAN YOU.

ALSO CONGRESSWOMAN VELASQUEZ.

ALSO CONGRESSWOMAN VELASQUEZ.

WHEN YOU SEE THE TWO OF YOU WHEN YOU SEE THE TWO OF YOU COMING OUT WITHIN 24 HOURS OF COMING OUT WITHIN 24 HOURS OF EACH OTHER IN THAT THIS WAY, AM EACH OTHER IN THAT THIS WAY, AM I WRONG TO LOOK AT THIS AS SNAG I WRONG TO LOOK AT THIS AS SNAG NANCY PELOSI NOT ONLY DOES NOT NANCY PELOSI NOT ONLY DOES NOT OPPOSE, BUT ACTUALLY SUPPORTS? OPPOSE, BUT ACTUALLY SUPPORTS? >> NO, THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

>> NO, THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

THIS IS VERY PERSONAL.

THIS IS VERY PERSONAL.

FOR ME IT’S VERY PERSONAL.

FOR ME IT’S VERY PERSONAL.

NOT ONLY HAVE I HEARD FROM OVER NOT ONLY HAVE I HEARD FROM OVER 1,000 PEOPLE FROM MY DISTRICT, 1,000 PEOPLE FROM MY DISTRICT, BUT IT’S PERSONAL BECAUSE MY SON BUT IT’S PERSONAL BECAUSE MY SON HAS BEEN ENCOURAGING ME.

HAS BEEN ENCOURAGING ME.

HOW COULD YOU, MOM, AS A HOW COULD YOU, MOM, AS A PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRAT? PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRAT? IS THERE SOMEONE WHO IS MORE IS THERE SOMEONE WHO IS MORE DESERVING OF BEING IMPEACHED? DESERVING OF BEING IMPEACHED? WE ARE NOT THE FOUNDING FATHERS WE ARE NOT THE FOUNDING FATHERS THINKING ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY THINKING ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF A DONALD TRUMP? OF A DONALD TRUMP? IS THERE A BETTER EXAMPLE OF IS THERE A BETTER EXAMPLE OF SOMEONE WHO HAS DEFIED THE SOMEONE WHO HAS DEFIED THE CONSTITUTION AND WHO HAS CONSTITUTION AND WHO HAS OBSTRUCTED JUSTICE AND WHO IS OBSTRUCTED JUSTICE AND WHO IS EVERY DAY DIMINISHING OUR EVERY DAY DIMINISHING OUR DEMOCRACY? DEMOCRACY? I THOUGHT ABOUT THIS ALMOST AS A I THOUGHT ABOUT THIS ALMOST AS A LEGACY ISSUE.

LEGACY ISSUE.

WHAT AM I GOING TO SAY TO HIM WHAT AM I GOING TO SAY TO HIM TODAY AND WHAT WILL I SAY TO MY TODAY AND WHAT WILL I SAY TO MY GRANDCHILDREN TOMORROW IN A GRANDCHILDREN TOMORROW IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS? SITUATION LIKE THIS? ON THE OTHER HAND, I AM NOT ON THE OTHER HAND, I AM NOT WHIPPING OTHER MEMBERS AND WHIPPING OTHER MEMBERS AND TRYING TO CONVINCE OTHER TRYING TO CONVINCE OTHER MEMBERS.

MEMBERS.

EVERYBODY HAS TO MAKE THEIR OWN EVERYBODY HAS TO MAKE THEIR OWN DECISION AND IN THE MEANTIME, WE DECISION AND IN THE MEANTIME, WE ARE PROCEEDING FORWARD IN ARE PROCEEDING FORWARD IN UNVEILING EVERY DAY.

UNVEILING EVERY DAY.

YOU SAW THE HEARING TODAY WITH YOU SAW THE HEARING TODAY WITH HOPE HICK AND IT IS KIND OF HOPE HICK AND IT IS KIND OF STONEWALLING THAT WE ARE GETTING STONEWALLING THAT WE ARE GETTING AND THE COVER UP.

AND THE COVER UP.

MORE AND MORE AMERICAN PEOPLE MORE AND MORE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE SEEING THAT EVERY DAY.

ARE SEEING THAT EVERY DAY.

>> WHEN I WAS WORKING THERE, I >> WHEN I WAS WORKING THERE, I SAW SITUATIONS WHERE MEMBERS OF SAW SITUATIONS WHERE MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE AND THE SENATE WERE THE HOUSE AND THE SENATE WERE GOING TO TAKE A POSITION THAT GOING TO TAKE A POSITION THAT WAS DIFFICULT FOR THE LEADERSHIP WAS DIFFICULT FOR THE LEADERSHIP AT THAT TIME.

AT THAT TIME.

THERE WERE A LOT OF WAYS FOR THE THERE WERE A LOT OF WAYS FOR THE LEADERSHIP TO PLAY IT, INCLUDING LEADERSHIP TO PLAY IT, INCLUDING ASKING THE MOST LOYAL MEMBERS, ASKING THE MOST LOYAL MEMBERS, PLEASE DON’T DO THAT.

PLEASE DON’T DO THAT.

THAT’S SOMETHING NANCY PELOSI THAT’S SOMETHING NANCY PELOSI COULD HAVE ASKED TO YOU DO.

COULD HAVE ASKED TO YOU DO.

CAN YOU GIVE ME A WEEK OR A CAN YOU GIVE ME A WEEK OR A MONTH OR WAIT UNTIL AFTER LABOR MONTH OR WAIT UNTIL AFTER LABOR DAY.

DAY.

THAT IS USUALLY SOMETHING THAT THAT IS USUALLY SOMETHING THAT THE LOYAL MEMBER WHO IS SUPPORT THE LOYAL MEMBER WHO IS SUPPORT THE LEADERSHIP ARE WILLING TO DO THE LEADERSHIP ARE WILLING TO DO FOR THERED THE THE LEADERSHIP.

FOR THERED THE THE LEADERSHIP.

NANCY PELOSI DIDN’T ASK TO YOU NANCY PELOSI DIDN’T ASK TO YOU DELAY IT.

DELAY IT.

SHE DIDN’T ASK TO YOU PAUSE IN SHE DIDN’T ASK TO YOU PAUSE IN ANY WAY.

ANY WAY.

SHE HEARD WHAT YOU SAID YOU SHE HEARD WHAT YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO DO.

WANTED TO DO.

SHE BASICALLY SAID THANK YOU FOR SHE BASICALLY SAID THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME.

TELLING ME.

>> EXACTLY.

>> EXACTLY.

I GAVE HER A HEADS UP.

I GAVE HER A HEADS UP.

WE HAD A VERY CORDIAL AND WE HAD A VERY CORDIAL AND FRIENDLY CONVERSATION.

FRIENDLY CONVERSATION.

LOOK, SHE’S NOT LIKE THE LOOK, SHE’S NOT LIKE THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WHO ASKED JIM COMCOMEY, ARE YOU WHO ASKED JIM COMCOMEY, ARE YOU GOING TO BE LOYAL OR TRY TO GET GOING TO BE LOYAL OR TRY TO GET THE ATTORNEY GENERAL TO UNRECUSE THE ATTORNEY GENERAL TO UNRECUSE HIMSELF BECAUSE THE ATTORNEY HIMSELF BECAUSE THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IS SUPPOSED TO PROTECT GENERAL IS SUPPOSED TO PROTECT ME.

ME.

NANCY IS THE MOST SURE FOOTED NANCY IS THE MOST SURE FOOTED POLITICIAN I HAVE EVER SEEN AND POLITICIAN I HAVE EVER SEEN AND IS VERY CONFIDENT IN WHAT SHE IS VERY CONFIDENT IN WHAT SHE BELIEVES AND WHAT SHE IS DOING BELIEVES AND WHAT SHE IS DOING AND NOT TRYING TO PRESS ANYBODY AND NOT TRYING TO PRESS ANYBODY TO DO ANYTHING.

TO DO ANYTHING.

>> WHAT HAS BEEN THE REACTION SO >> WHAT HAS BEEN THE REACTION SO FAR IN YOUR DISTRICT? FAR IN YOUR DISTRICT? >> REALLY BEEN OVERWHELMINGLY >> REALLY BEEN OVERWHELMINGLY POSITIVE.

POSITIVE.

AS I SAID, I HAVE BEEN HEARING AS I SAID, I HAVE BEEN HEARING FROM MY CONSTITUENTS.

FROM MY CONSTITUENTS.

IT IS A PROGRESSIVE DISTRICT AND IT IS A PROGRESSIVE DISTRICT AND DIVERSE IN MANY WAYS.

DIVERSE IN MANY WAYS.

ALSO A SOLID DEMOCRATIC ALSO A SOLID DEMOCRATIC DISTRICT.

DISTRICT.

MOST OF THE PEOPLE THAT I HEAR MOST OF THE PEOPLE THAT I HEAR FROM HAVE BEEN VERY, VERY FROM HAVE BEEN VERY, VERY POSITIVE ABOUT IMPEACHMENT.

POSITIVE ABOUT IMPEACHMENT.

THE OTHER THING THAT IS REALLY THE OTHER THING THAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT THAT NANCY MAKES THE IMPORTANT THAT NANCY MAKES THE POINT, IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY IS POINT, IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY IS NOT GOING TO END WITH THE END OF NOT GOING TO END WITH THE END OF DONALD TRUMP.

DONALD TRUMP.

THAT’S ULTIMATELY THE GOAL.

THAT’S ULTIMATELY THE GOAL.

WE WANT TO BE SURE WE DEFEAT AND WE WANT TO BE SURE WE DEFEAT AND THAT IS THE MOST LIKE LEEWAY TO THAT IS THE MOST LIKE LEEWAY TO DO DO DEFEAT HIM.

DEFEAT HIM.

BY MOBILIZING OUR TROOPS AND ALL BY MOBILIZING OUR TROOPS AND ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WANT IMPEACHMENT, THE PEOPLE WHO WANT IMPEACHMENT, WE WANT TO SEE THEM REGISTERING WE WANT TO SEE THEM REGISTERING VOTERS AND MOBILIZING THEIR VOTERS AND MOBILIZING THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO GET OUT TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO GET OUT TO VOTE.

VOTE.

I THINK IT’S UNLIKELY THAT THE I THINK IT’S UNLIKELY THAT THE SENATE WOULD ACT ON THIS.

SENATE WOULD ACT ON THIS.

SO WE HAVE TO GET RID OF HIM.

SO WE HAVE TO GET RID OF HIM.

THIS IS CLEAR.

THIS IS CLEAR.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO LIKELY DO IT WE ARE NOT GOING TO LIKELY DO IT BECAUSE WE END UP IMPEACHING BECAUSE WE END UP IMPEACHING HIM.

HIM.

IT’S IMPORTANT TO SAY THAT NANCY IT’S IMPORTANT TO SAY THAT NANCY PELOSI HAS NEVER TAKEN PELOSI HAS NEVER TAKEN IMPEACHMENT OFF THE TABLE.

IMPEACHMENT OFF THE TABLE.

IF THERE ARE STUNNING IF THERE ARE STUNNING REVELATIONS THAT ARE COMING THAT REVELATIONS THAT ARE COMING THAT WE MANAGE TO GET AND THAT’S NOT WE MANAGE TO GET AND THAT’S NOT IMPOSSIBLE, ANYBODY WHO HAS READ IMPOSSIBLE, ANYBODY WHO HAS READ THAT MUELLER REPORT, I READ IT THAT MUELLER REPORT, I READ IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH, IT IS SLAM ALL THE WAY THROUGH, IT IS SLAM DUNK.

DUNK.

THE MAN HAS OBSTRUCTED JUSTICE.

THE MAN HAS OBSTRUCTED JUSTICE.

HE HAS ATTACKED OUR INSTITUTIONS HE HAS ATTACKED OUR INSTITUTIONS AND HE IS BLATANTLY FLOUTING THE AND HE IS BLATANTLY FLOUTING THE LIES.

LIES.

WE HAVE SEEN IT RECENTLY WITH WE HAVE SEEN IT RECENTLY WITH THIS IDEA THAT I WILL TAKE ANY THIS IDEA THAT I WILL TAKE ANY DIRT FROM FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS DIRT FROM FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS AND I MAY OR MAY NOT REPORT IT AND I MAY OR MAY NOT REPORT IT TO THE FBI.

TO THE FBI.

WE ALSO SAW THAT THE HEAD OF THE WE ALSO SAW THAT THE HEAD OF THE ELECTION COMMISSION SAID LET ME ELECTION COMMISSION SAID LET ME MAKE THIS 100% CLEAR TO THE MAKE THIS 100% CLEAR TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND TO ALL AMERICAN PEOPLE AND TO ALL CANDIDATES, IT IS ILLEGAL TO DO CANDIDATES, IT IS ILLEGAL TO DO WHAT THE PRESIDENT SUGGESTED.

WHAT THE PRESIDENT SUGGESTED.

>> CONGRESSWOMAN, I WANT TO GET >> CONGRESSWOMAN, I WANT TO GET A LITTLE BIT MORE COOPERATION A LITTLE BIT MORE COOPERATION NEXT TIME YOU ARE BREAKING NEWS NEXT TIME YOU ARE BREAKING NEWS LIKE LAST NIGHT.

LIKE LAST NIGHT.

WHEN YOU ARE AT HOME ON THE SOFA WHEN YOU ARE AT HOME ON THE SOFA WATCHING THIS SHOW TALKING ABOUT WATCHING THIS SHOW TALKING ABOUT THE NEWS THAT YOU JUST BROKE, THE NEWS THAT YOU JUST BROKE, JUST PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL JUST PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL US.

US.

YOU CAN STAY IN YOUR PAJAMAS.

YOU CAN STAY IN YOUR PAJAMAS.

JUST CALL US.

JUST CALL US.

THEM THE SPECULATION ENDS AND THEM THE SPECULATION ENDS AND HOW DID IT GO AND WHAT DID YOU HOW DID IT GO AND WHAT DID YOU SAY TO SPEAKER PELOSI.

SAY TO SPEAKER PELOSI.

>> OKAY, LAWRENCE.

>> OKAY, LAWRENCE.

I WILL BE ON THE PHONE.