WE BEGIN OUR BREAKING NEWS FROM THE FLOOR OF THE U.

S.

HOUSE.

THE FLOOR OF THE U.

S.

HOUSE.

FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE DEMOCRATS HAVE TAKEN CONTROL OF DEMOCRATS HAVE TAKEN CONTROL OF THE U.

S.

HOUSE, RIGHT NOW, THE U.

S.

HOUSE, RIGHT NOW, MOMENTS AGO, A BILL TO IMPEACH MOMENTS AGO, A BILL TO IMPEACH PRESIDENT TRUMP JUST REACHED THE PRESIDENT TRUMP JUST REACHED THE HOUSE FLOOR.

HOUSE FLOOR.

THAT ITSELF IS UNUSUAL AND WHAT THAT ITSELF IS UNUSUAL AND WHAT HAPPENED NEXT WAS ALSO STRIKING.

HAPPENED NEXT WAS ALSO STRIKING.

SPEAKER PELOSI LEADING DEMOCRATS SPEAKER PELOSI LEADING DEMOCRATS TO UNITE WITH REPUBLICANS AS YOU TO UNITE WITH REPUBLICANS AS YOU SEE RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW TO SEE RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW TO SQUASH THIS EFFORT, VOTING DOWN SQUASH THIS EFFORT, VOTING DOWN THIS BILL TO IMPEACH THE THIS BILL TO IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES DONALD TRUMP BY THE 332-95.

DONALD TRUMP BY THE 332-95.

THESE NUMBERS JUST CAME IN.

THESE NUMBERS JUST CAME IN.

BREAKING.

BREAKING.

THE DEBATE COMES AMIDST DEEP THE DEBATE COMES AMIDST DEEP TENSIONS AS THE HOUSE JUST TENSIONS AS THE HOUSE JUST FORMALLY REBUKED DONALD TRUMP FORMALLY REBUKED DONALD TRUMP LAST NIGHT FOR "RACIST LAST NIGHT FOR "RACIST COMMENTS.

" COMMENTS.

" AS THE HOUSE BARRELS TOWARDS NEW AS THE HOUSE BARRELS TOWARDS NEW REBUKES OF TRUMP OFFICIALS, AS REBUKES OF TRUMP OFFICIALS, AS WELL ON THE FLOOR TONIGHT WHICH WELL ON THE FLOOR TONIGHT WHICH WE WILL GET TO, THIS IMPEACHMENT WE WILL GET TO, THIS IMPEACHMENT PRESSURE CAME FROM LIBERAL PRESSURE CAME FROM LIBERAL CONGRESSMAN AL GREEN.

CONGRESSMAN AL GREEN.

HE SEIZED THE MOMENTUM FROM THE HE SEIZED THE MOMENTUM FROM THE REBUKE OF TRUMP LAST NIGHT TO REBUKE OF TRUMP LAST NIGHT TO THE EFFECTIVELY CROSS SPEAKER THE EFFECTIVELY CROSS SPEAKER PELOSI AND ARGUE NOW IS THE TIME PELOSI AND ARGUE NOW IS THE TIME TO IMPEACH PRESIDENT TRUMP.

TO IMPEACH PRESIDENT TRUMP.

THIS MOVE COMES AS BOB MUELLER’S THIS MOVE COMES AS BOB MUELLER’S TESTIMONY LOOMS NEXT WEEK AND TESTIMONY LOOMS NEXT WEEK AND THESE 95 DEMOCRATS WHO SIDED THESE 95 DEMOCRATS WHO SIDED WITH GREEN TONIGHT I CAN TELL WITH GREEN TONIGHT I CAN TELL YOU THAT MARKS A SLIGHTLY LARGER YOU THAT MARKS A SLIGHTLY LARGER COALITION THAN THE 85 MEMBERS OF COALITION THAN THE 85 MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE DEMOCRATIC CAUCUS WHO THE HOUSE DEMOCRATIC CAUCUS WHO HAVE PREVIOUSLY CALLED FOR HAVE PREVIOUSLY CALLED FOR IMPEACHING DONALD TRUMP SINCE IMPEACHING DONALD TRUMP SINCE THE RELEASE OF THE MUELLER THE RELEASE OF THE MUELLER REPORT.

REPORT.

THERE ARE THOSE WHO STRESS THAT THERE ARE THOSE WHO STRESS THAT CONGRESSMAN GREEN’S CATCHALL CONGRESSMAN GREEN’S CATCHALL RESOLUTION DOESN’T SPECIFICALLY RESOLUTION DOESN’T SPECIFICALLY GO INTO A FULL TREATMENT OF GO INTO A FULL TREATMENT OF OBSTRUCTION AND OTHER ISSUES OBSTRUCTION AND OTHER ISSUES THAT CAME OUT OF THE MUELLER THAT CAME OUT OF THE MUELLER REPORT.

REPORT.

TO EVEN SEE THIS VOTE HAPPEN IS TO EVEN SEE THIS VOTE HAPPEN IS UNUSUAL.

UNUSUAL.

PRESIDENTS NIXON AND CLINTON PRESIDENTS NIXON AND CLINTON FACED PROBES BUT NIXON WAS NEVER FACED PROBES BUT NIXON WAS NEVER FACED WITH A FLOOR VOTE TO FACED WITH A FLOOR VOTE TO IMPEACH.

IMPEACH.

THESE VOTES ARE RARE.

THESE VOTES ARE RARE.

THE LAST ONE CAME FROM LIBERAL THE LAST ONE CAME FROM LIBERAL CONGRESSMAN DENNIS KUCINICH IN A CONGRESSMAN DENNIS KUCINICH IN A PROPOSAL TO IMPEACH PRESIDENT PROPOSAL TO IMPEACH PRESIDENT BUSH AND IT WAS FARMED OUT TO BUSH AND IT WAS FARMED OUT TO COMMITTEE.

COMMITTEE.

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE OR AFTER MUELLER FUTURE OR AFTER MUELLER TESTIFIES NEXT WEEK.

TESTIFIES NEXT WEEK.

BUT AS OF RIGHT NOW, I CAN TELL BUT AS OF RIGHT NOW, I CAN TELL YOU THIS NEWS.

YOU THIS NEWS.

LESS THAN HALF OF THE DEMOCRATS LESS THAN HALF OF THE DEMOCRATS IN CONGRESS ALSO EVEN MOVE IN CONGRESS ALSO EVEN MOVE FORWARD ON A VOTE FOR A BILL TO FORWARD ON A VOTE FOR A BILL TO LAUNCH AN IMPEACHMENT PROBE OF LAUNCH AN IMPEACHMENT PROBE OF PRESIDENT TRUMP.

PRESIDENT TRUMP.

IT’S 40%, TO BE EXACT.

IT’S 40%, TO BE EXACT.

TO SAY NOTHING OF POTENTIALLY TO SAY NOTHING OF POTENTIALLY LATER FINDING THE PRESIDENT LATER FINDING THE PRESIDENT GUILTY OF HIGH CRIMES AND GUILTY OF HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS.

MISDEMEANORS.

FOR ALL THE TALK OF EXTREMES AND FOR ALL THE TALK OF EXTREMES AND DIVISION, YOU CAN THINK OF DIVISION, YOU CAN THINK OF TONIGHT’S NEWS LIKE THIS.

TONIGHT’S NEWS LIKE THIS.

IT’S PRESIDENT TRUMP AND HIS IT’S PRESIDENT TRUMP AND HIS REPUBLICAN DEFENDERS OF HIS REPUBLICAN DEFENDERS OF HIS RACE-BAITING ATTACKS WHO ARE RACE-BAITING ATTACKS WHO ARE LOOKING QUITE EXTIME THIS WEEK.

LOOKING QUITE EXTIME THIS WEEK.

AND IT IS SPEAKER PELOSI AND NOW AND IT IS SPEAKER PELOSI AND NOW THE MAJORITY OF HER CAUCUS ON THE MAJORITY OF HER CAUCUS ON RECORD THAT LOOK EITHER GUN SHY, RECORD THAT LOOK EITHER GUN SHY, IF YOU ASK GREEN AND THE IF YOU ASK GREEN AND THE PROGRESSIVES, OR MEASURED IF YOU PROGRESSIVES, OR MEASURED IF YOU ASK THE SPEAKER WHO SAYS NOW IS ASK THE SPEAKER WHO SAYS NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR HER PARTY TO NOT THE TIME FOR HER PARTY TO DEVOLVE INTO A DEBATE OVER DEVOLVE INTO A DEBATE OVER REMOVING TRUMP FROM OFFICE.

REMOVING TRUMP FROM OFFICE.

THIS IS A FAST AND FLUID STORY THIS IS A FAST AND FLUID STORY AND SO I WANT TO BRING IN THE AND SO I WANT TO BRING IN THE PANEL.

PANEL.

WE’LL UPDATE ANYTHING AS IT WE’LL UPDATE ANYTHING AS IT HAPPENS.

HAPPENS.

JOHN FLANNERY, SPECIAL COUNSEL, JOHN FLANNERY, SPECIAL COUNSEL, DANIELLE GIBBS LIGET FROM THE DANIELLE GIBBS LIGET FROM THE CENTER FOR AMERICAN PROGRESS AND CENTER FOR AMERICAN PROGRESS AND MELISSA MURRAY IS, SHE WAS A MELISSA MURRAY IS, SHE WAS A CLERK TO JUDGE SOTOMAYOR AND CLERK TO JUDGE SOTOMAYOR AND E.

J.

DION, COLUMNIST FOR THE E.

J.

DION, COLUMNIST FOR THE "WASHINGTON POST.

" "WASHINGTON POST.

" JOHN FLANNERY, 40% OF DEMOCRATS JOHN FLANNERY, 40% OF DEMOCRATS COME OUT TO THE FLOOR TONIGHT COME OUT TO THE FLOOR TONIGHT MOMENTS AGO AND SAY YES, THERE MOMENTS AGO AND SAY YES, THERE SHOULD BE SOME SORT OF SHOULD BE SOME SORT OF IMPEACHMENT PROBE.

IMPEACHMENT PROBE.

THE MAJORITY OF DEMOCRATS AND THE MAJORITY OF DEMOCRATS AND ALL THE REPUBLICANS SAY NO.

ALL THE REPUBLICANS SAY NO.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ABOUT WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ABOUT WHERE THE CONGRESS IS TONIGHT? WHERE THE CONGRESS IS TONIGHT? >> WELL FROM, THE DEMOCRATIC >> WELL FROM, THE DEMOCRATIC SIDE, I THINK THE REACTION IS SIDE, I THINK THE REACTION IS THEY HAVE BROKEN FAITH WITH THEY HAVE BROKEN FAITH WITH THEIR OWN BASE FOR ALL THEIR THEIR OWN BASE FOR ALL THEIR TALK ABOUT THE OTHER BASE, TALK ABOUT THE OTHER BASE, MR.

TRUMP’S BASE.

MR.

TRUMP’S BASE.

I ALSO THINK IT’S A SHAME THAT I ALSO THINK IT’S A SHAME THAT THEY DIDN’T AT LEAST REFER TO THEY DIDN’T AT LEAST REFER TO THE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE AND IT THE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE AND IT IS IRONIC IN TERMS OF IS IRONIC IN TERMS OF CONTRADICTION ON DAY ONE WE CAN CONTRADICTION ON DAY ONE WE CAN SAY THAT MAN IS UNFIT FOR OFFICE SAY THAT MAN IS UNFIT FOR OFFICE BECAUSE HE’S A RACIST AND NOT BECAUSE HE’S A RACIST AND NOT THINK THAT IS A HIGH CRIME OR THINK THAT IS A HIGH CRIME OR MISDEMEANOR.

MISDEMEANOR.

IT WAS IDENTIFIED IN CONGRESSMAN IT WAS IDENTIFIED IN CONGRESSMAN GREEN’S RESOLUTION AS A HIGH GREEN’S RESOLUTION AS A HIGH MISCOMOR.

MISCOMOR.

I AGREE.

I AGREE.

IT DIDN’T REQUIRE TO US WAIT AND IT DIDN’T REQUIRE TO US WAIT AND SEE WHAT MUELLER WAS GOING TO SEE WHAT MUELLER WAS GOING TO SAY BECAUSE IT’S SEPARATE AND SAY BECAUSE IT’S SEPARATE AND APART FROM ALL THE OTHER CHARGES APART FROM ALL THE OTHER CHARGES OBSTRUCTION AND OTHERWISE WE’VE OBSTRUCTION AND OTHERWISE WE’VE BEEN CONCERNED ABOUT.

BEEN CONCERNED ABOUT.

BUT IT DOES HIT A KEY POINT.

BUT IT DOES HIT A KEY POINT.

FROM THE MOMENT HE WALKED DOWN FROM THE MOMENT HE WALKED DOWN HIS GOLDEN ESCALATOR, HE WAS A HIS GOLDEN ESCALATOR, HE WAS A RACIST.

RACIST.

HE’S BEEN THAT BEFORE HE HE’S BEEN THAT BEFORE HE ANNOUNCED.

ANNOUNCED.

HE’S BEEN THAT WHILE HE’S BEEN HE’S BEEN THAT WHILE HE’S BEEN THE PRESIDENT.

THE PRESIDENT.

AND IF THIS NATION THAT MADE A AND IF THIS NATION THAT MADE A PROMISE WE WERE ALL EQUAL AS WE PROMISE WE WERE ALL EQUAL AS WE WORK TOWARD PERFECTING THIS WORK TOWARD PERFECTING THIS CONSTITUTION AND OUR FAILING TO CONSTITUTION AND OUR FAILING TO DO SO WITH THIS PRESIDENT, WHAT DO SO WITH THIS PRESIDENT, WHAT BETTER REASON DO WE HAVE TO DENY BETTER REASON DO WE HAVE TO DENY HIM THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE POSITION HIM THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE POSITION IN OUR GOVERNMENT.

IN OUR GOVERNMENT.

SO I THINK GREEN WAS RIGHT.

SO I THINK GREEN WAS RIGHT.

I THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE AT I THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST REFERRED IT TO THE LEAST REFERRED IT TO THE COMMITTEE SO THE COMMITTEE COULD COMMITTEE SO THE COMMITTEE COULD DECIDE TO AMEND IT AND ADD OTHER DECIDE TO AMEND IT AND ADD OTHER CAUSES OR ACT ON THAT ALONE.

CAUSES OR ACT ON THAT ALONE.

>> DANIELLE, YOUR REACTION TO >> DANIELLE, YOUR REACTION TO SPEAKER HE PEL SIDING WITH THE SPEAKER HE PEL SIDING WITH THE REPUBLICANS TONIGHT ON THIS REPUBLICANS TONIGHT ON THIS VOTE? VOTE? >> I’M SURE SHE WOULDN’T >> I’M SURE SHE WOULDN’T CLASSIFY IT AS SIDING WITH THE CLASSIFY IT AS SIDING WITH THE REPUBLICANS.

REPUBLICANS.

>> THAT’S WHAT IT IS.

>> THAT’S WHAT IT IS.

>> THAT IS EFFECTIVELY WHAT >> THAT IS EFFECTIVELY WHAT HAPPENED.

HAPPENED.

>> DOES IT TAKE TO GET HOUSE >> DOES IT TAKE TO GET HOUSE BIPARTISANSHIP ON THE FLOOR? BIPARTISANSHIP ON THE FLOOR? >> NO ONE SHOULD BE SURPRISED BY >> NO ONE SHOULD BE SURPRISED BY WHAT HAPPENED TONIGHT.

WHAT HAPPENED TONIGHT.

WE KNEW THAT NANCY PELOSI WASN’T WE KNEW THAT NANCY PELOSI WASN’T GOING TO SUPPORT IMPEACHMENT GOING TO SUPPORT IMPEACHMENT RIGHT NOW.

RIGHT NOW.

WE KNEW THAT MOST OF THE WE KNEW THAT MOST OF THE DEMOCRATIC MEMBERS WEREN’T GOING DEMOCRATIC MEMBERS WEREN’T GOING TO SUPPORT IT RIGHT NOW EITHER.

TO SUPPORT IT RIGHT NOW EITHER.

LOOK, THIS IS A VERY TOUGH LOOK, THIS IS A VERY TOUGH POSITION SHE’S IN.

POSITION SHE’S IN.

I THINK THE LONGER THAT THE I THINK THE LONGER THAT THE DEMOCRATIC BASE PERCEIVES THAT DEMOCRATIC BASE PERCEIVES THAT NOTHING IS HAPPENING ON THE NOTHING IS HAPPENING ON THE HILL, THE HARDER IT’S GOING TO HILL, THE HARDER IT’S GOING TO BE.

BE.

NOW, THAT DOESN’T NECESSARILY NOW, THAT DOESN’T NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE IMPEACHMENT.

HAVE TO BE IMPEACHMENT.

BUT IT NEEDS TO BE SOME SORT OF BUT IT NEEDS TO BE SOME SORT OF HEAT, SOME SORT OF FIRE TOWARDS HEAT, SOME SORT OF FIRE TOWARDS THEIR ADMINISTRATION SO THAT IT THEIR ADMINISTRATION SO THAT IT DOESN’T SEEM LIKE THEY’RE DOESN’T SEEM LIKE THEY’RE GETTING AWAY WITH EVERYTHING.

GETTING AWAY WITH EVERYTHING.

I THINK THE CONTEMPT VOTE WITH I THINK THE CONTEMPT VOTE WITH BARR, THAT’S A GOOD STEP.

BARR, THAT’S A GOOD STEP.

BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE PERCEPTION IS THAT NOT ENOUGH IS PERCEPTION IS THAT NOT ENOUGH IS HAPPENING AND THAT TRUMP AND HIS HAPPENING AND THAT TRUMP AND HIS CROHNIES ARE GETTING AWAY WITH CROHNIES ARE GETTING AWAY WITH EVERYTHING.

EVERYTHING.

>> PROFESSOR, AND EJ.

>> PROFESSOR, AND EJ.

>> I THINK DANIELLE IS EXACTLY >> I THINK DANIELLE IS EXACTLY RIGHT.

RIGHT.

I DON’T DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING I DON’T DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING THAT JOHN SAID.

THAT JOHN SAID.

ONE OF THE THINGS THAT SPEAKER ONE OF THE THINGS THAT SPEAKER HE WILL PEL WAS TRYING TO AVOID HE WILL PEL WAS TRYING TO AVOID TODAY IS GETTING INTO A TODAY IS GETTING INTO A PROTRACTED BATTLE WITH THE PROTRACTED BATTLE WITH THE REPUBLICANS WHETHER OR NOT REPUBLICANS WHETHER OR NOT RACIST TWEETS CONSTITUTE HIGH RACIST TWEETS CONSTITUTE HIGH CRIMES OR MISDEMEANORS OR CRIMES OR MISDEMEANORS OR PURPOSES OF IMPEACHMENT.

PURPOSES OF IMPEACHMENT.

THAT’S SOMETHING WE’VE NEVER THAT’S SOMETHING WE’VE NEVER DECIDE.

DECIDE.

IT’S A BROAD CONSTITUTIONAL IT’S A BROAD CONSTITUTIONAL TERM.

TERM.

CONGRESS HAS INTERPRETED IT CONGRESS HAS INTERPRETED IT BROADLY IN THE PAST BUT NEVER TO BROADLY IN THE PAST BUT NEVER TO INCLUDE TWITTER.

INCLUDE TWITTER.

>> ARI — >> ARI — >> GO AHEAD, E.

J.

>> GO AHEAD, E.

J.

>> I WAS GOING TO SAY, I THINK >> I WAS GOING TO SAY, I THINK YOU UNDERSCORED SOMETHING YOU UNDERSCORED SOMETHING IMPORTANT AT THE BEGINNING OF IMPORTANT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SHOW, THAT 95 IS BIGGER THAN THE SHOW, THAT 95 IS BIGGER THAN THE NUMBER WE THOUGHT WAS FOR THE NUMBER WE THOUGHT WAS FOR IMPEACHMENT.

IMPEACHMENT.

CLEARLY SENTIMENT IS GROWING IN CLEARLY SENTIMENT IS GROWING IN THAT DIRECTION.

THAT DIRECTION.

I THINK FOR A LOT OF MEMBERS, A I THINK FOR A LOT OF MEMBERS, A FRESHMAN I TALKED TO A COUPLE FRESHMAN I TALKED TO A COUPLE MONTHS AGO SAID LOOK, THERE ARE MONTHS AGO SAID LOOK, THERE ARE PLENTY OF GROUNDS TO IMPEACH PLENTY OF GROUNDS TO IMPEACH DONALD TRUMP.

DONALD TRUMP.

AND THE PURPOSE OF IMPEACHMENT AND THE PURPOSE OF IMPEACHMENT IS TO SEND A MESSAGE THIS IS IS TO SEND A MESSAGE THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR.

UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR.

WHAT HE WAS WORRIED ABOUT WAS WHAT HE WAS WORRIED ABOUT WAS NOT THE POLITICS OF IT ALTHOUGH NOT THE POLITICS OF IT ALTHOUGH THERE IS OBVIOUSLY POLITICS HERE THERE IS OBVIOUSLY POLITICS HERE AND THERE ARE 31 HOUSE MEMBERS AND THERE ARE 31 HOUSE MEMBERS SITTING ON SEATS THAT TRUMP SITTING ON SEATS THAT TRUMP CARRIED.

CARRIED.

BUT HE SAID THE POLITICS ISN’T BUT HE SAID THE POLITICS ISN’T THE ISSUE.

THE ISSUE.

THE PROBLEM IS, IF WE EVER GOT THE PROBLEM IS, IF WE EVER GOT TO AN IMPEACHMENT VOTE AND TO AN IMPEACHMENT VOTE AND PASSED IT, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD AN PASSED IT, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD AN ACQUITTAL IN THE SENATE SEND? ACQUITTAL IN THE SENATE SEND? WOULD THAT ACTUALLY SAY NO, NO, WOULD THAT ACTUALLY SAY NO, NO, THIS IS ALL ACCEPTABLE.

THIS IS ALL ACCEPTABLE.

>> LET ME PUSH YOU ON THAT.

>> LET ME PUSH YOU ON THAT.

WE HAVE TWO WOULD CONSTITUTIONAL WE HAVE TWO WOULD CONSTITUTIONAL SCHOLARS WITH US WHO KNOW MORE SCHOLARS WITH US WHO KNOW MORE THAN I DO AND MAYBE MORE THAN THAN I DO AND MAYBE MORE THAN E.

J.

E.

J.

COUNTER ARGUMENT TO THAT, E.

J.

, COUNTER ARGUMENT TO THAT, E.

J.

, IS THAT THAT WOULD BE DOING IS THAT THAT WOULD BE DOING SOMETHING AND NOT EVERYTHING.

SOMETHING AND NOT EVERYTHING.

AND AL GREEN IS ARGUING THAT NOW AND AL GREEN IS ARGUING THAT NOW THE HOUSE IS ON RECORD BASICALLY THE HOUSE IS ON RECORD BASICALLY DOING CLOSE TO NOTHING IN HIS DOING CLOSE TO NOTHING IN HIS VIEW AND LET ME PLAY A LITTLE VIEW AND LET ME PLAY A LITTLE BIT OF CONGRESS GREEN ON THE BIT OF CONGRESS GREEN ON THE URGENCY FOR EVERYONE’S RESPONSE URGENCY FOR EVERYONE’S RESPONSE STARTING WITH E.

J.

STARTING WITH E.

J.

TAKE A LOOK.

TAKE A LOOK.

>> WHY NOT WAIT TILL AFTER >> WHY NOT WAIT TILL AFTER MUELLER’S TESTIMONY.

MUELLER’S TESTIMONY.

>> BECAUSE THAT’S JUSTICE >> BECAUSE THAT’S JUSTICE DELAYED.

DELAYED.

WE CANNOT WAIT.

WE CANNOT WAIT.

AS WE WAIT, WE RISK HAVING THE AS WE WAIT, WE RISK HAVING THE BLOOD OF SOMEBODY ON OUR HANDS.

BLOOD OF SOMEBODY ON OUR HANDS.

AND IT COULD BE A MEMBER OF AND IT COULD BE A MEMBER OF CONGRESS.

CONGRESS.

>> E.

J.

? >> E.

J.

? >> YEAH, NO, IT’S A POWERFUL >> YEAH, NO, IT’S A POWERFUL STATEMENT.

STATEMENT.

I SUSPECT THAT IF YOU PRIVATELY I SUSPECT THAT IF YOU PRIVATELY ASK THE 137, I THINK THAT WAS ASK THE 137, I THINK THAT WAS THE NUMBER WHO VOTED TO TABLE, THE NUMBER WHO VOTED TO TABLE, DOES TRUMP DESERVE TO BE DOES TRUMP DESERVE TO BE IMPEACHED, THE OVERWHELMING IMPEACHED, THE OVERWHELMING NUMBER OF THEM WOULD SAY YES.

NUMBER OF THEM WOULD SAY YES.

I THINK THEIR QUESTION IS, WILL I THINK THEIR QUESTION IS, WILL THE WE LOOK LIKE WE’RE RUSHING THE WE LOOK LIKE WE’RE RUSHING INTO SOMETHING THAT WE WANT TO INTO SOMETHING THAT WE WANT TO LOOK LIKE WE’RE DOING LOOK LIKE WE’RE DOING DELIBERATELY BUT NUMBER TWO, DELIBERATELY BUT NUMBER TWO, WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN AT THE WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN AT THE END OF THE LINE? END OF THE LINE? IF HE SHOULD BE ACQUITTED BY THE IF HE SHOULD BE ACQUITTED BY THE SENATE, DOES THAT STRENGTHEN HIM SENATE, DOES THAT STRENGTHEN HIM POLITICALLY? POLITICALLY? BUT I THINK IN THEIR HEART OF BUT I THINK IN THEIR HEART OF HEARTS A LOT OF THESE DEMOCRATS HEARTS A LOT OF THESE DEMOCRATS WOULD LOVE TO THROW TRUMP OUT OF WOULD LOVE TO THROW TRUMP OUT OF OFFICE.

OFFICE.

>> YOU SAID WOULD LOVE TO DO IT.

>> YOU SAID WOULD LOVE TO DO IT.

THE QUESTION IS WHETHER THEY THE QUESTION IS WHETHER THEY THINK HE HAS COMMITTED HIGH THINK HE HAS COMMITTED HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS.

CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS.

CERTAINLY A LOT OF PEOPLE AROUND CERTAINLY A LOT OF PEOPLE AROUND HIM HAVE BEEN FOUND TO BE AT HIM HAVE BEEN FOUND TO BE AT LEAST FELONIOUS.

LEAST FELONIOUS.

DO YOU AGREE OR NOT WITH E.

J.

’S DO YOU AGREE OR NOT WITH E.

J.

’S STATEMENT THERE ARE FAR MORE STATEMENT THERE ARE FAR MORE MEMBERS OF THE DEMOCRATIC CAUCUS MEMBERS OF THE DEMOCRATIC CAUCUS WHO THINK TRUMP HAS DONE IMPEACH WHO THINK TRUMP HAS DONE IMPEACH IMPEACHABLE ACTS BUT DIDN’T VOTE IMPEACHABLE ACTS BUT DIDN’T VOTE FOR IT DO.

FOR IT DO.

>> DANIELLIA.

>> DANIELLIA.

>> YES.

>> YES.

>> PROFESSOR.

>> PROFESSOR.

>> YES.

>> YES.

>> FLANNERY.

>> FLANNERY.

>> I CAN’T READ THEIR MINDS.

>> I CAN’T READ THEIR MINDS.

>> FAIR ANSWER.

>> FAIR ANSWER.

RESISTING THE FRAME LIKE ANY RESISTING THE FRAME LIKE ANY GOOD QUIBBLING LAWYER.

GOOD QUIBBLING LAWYER.

>> THAT’S WHAT I DO.

>> THAT’S WHAT I DO.

>> NOW GOING AROUND.

>> NOW GOING AROUND.

>> NEVER ANSWER THE QUESTION.

>> NEVER ANSWER THE QUESTION.

>> NOW GOING AROUND WITH MORE >> NOW GOING AROUND WITH MORE TIME, WHAT ARE THE DEMOCRATIC TIME, WHAT ARE THE DEMOCRATIC VOTERS SUPPOSED TO TAKE FROMMING VOTERS SUPPOSED TO TAKE FROMMING THAT, DANIELLA? THAT, DANIELLA? YOU GO AROUND AND TALK TO FOLKS.

YOU GO AROUND AND TALK TO FOLKS.

THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE WHO SAY THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE WHO SAY DONALD TRUMP’S FULL PATTERN OF DONALD TRUMP’S FULL PATTERN OF BEHAVIOR, THE FIVE TO SIX BEHAVIOR, THE FIVE TO SIX INCIDENTS WHERE MUELLER SAID INCIDENTS WHERE MUELLER SAID THERE WAS SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE THERE WAS SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE OF CRIMES COMMITTED IN OFFICE, OF CRIMES COMMITTED IN OFFICE, THE RACE-BAITING, THE ATTACKS, THE RACE-BAITING, THE ATTACKS, THE RACIST COMMENTS TO QUOTE THE THE RACIST COMMENTS TO QUOTE THE HOUSE RESOLUTION LAST NIGHT, A HOUSE RESOLUTION LAST NIGHT, A LOT OF OTHER THINGS, THE LOT OF OTHER THINGS, THE CAMPAIGN FINANCE VIOLATIONS THAT CAMPAIGN FINANCE VIOLATIONS THAT MICHAEL COHEN ADMITTED TO THAT MICHAEL COHEN ADMITTED TO THAT WILL TRUMP DIDN’T GET IN TROUBLE WILL TRUMP DIDN’T GET IN TROUBLE FOR.

FOR.

TAKEN ALL TOGETHER, WHAT ARE TAKEN ALL TOGETHER, WHAT ARE VOTES ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE OF VOTES ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE OF THEIR LEADERS SAYING HE DID ALL THEIR LEADERS SAYING HE DID ALL THOSE THINGS AND MAYBE OBAMA THOSE THINGS AND MAYBE OBAMA WOULD ARE GOTTEN IN MORE TROUBLE WOULD ARE GOTTEN IN MORE TROUBLE BUT HE GETS A PASS.

BUT HE GETS A PASS.

>> IT’S A PROBLEM.

>> IT’S A PROBLEM.

YOU HAVE TO BE HONEST WITH YOU HAVE TO BE HONEST WITH VOTERS.

VOTERS.

IS THE SENATE GOING TO VOTE TO IS THE SENATE GOING TO VOTE TO GET RID OF TRUMP? GET RID OF TRUMP? PROBABLY NOT UNDER 34I67 PROBABLY NOT UNDER 34I67 McCONNELL.

McCONNELL.

THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE AND NOT A THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE AND NOT A REASON IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE HE REASON IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE HE HAS COMMITTED IMPEACHABLE HAS COMMITTED IMPEACHABLE OFFENSES TO NOT MOVE FORWARD OFFENSES TO NOT MOVE FORWARD WITH IMPEACHMENT.

WITH IMPEACHMENT.

IF THAT’S THE REASON WE’RE NOT IF THAT’S THE REASON WE’RE NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING, WHAT’S GOING TO DO ANYTHING, WHAT’S GOING TO STOP THE NEXT PRESIDENT GOING TO STOP THE NEXT PRESIDENT FROM DOING WHATEVER THEY WANT.

FROM DOING WHATEVER THEY WANT.

>> PROFESSOR AND FLANNERY.

>> PROFESSOR AND FLANNERY.

>> NANCY PELOSI IS IN DANGER OF >> NANCY PELOSI IS IN DANGER OF LOSING CONTROL OF HER CAUCUS.

LOSING CONTROL OF HER CAUCUS.

A LOT OF MODERATE DEMOCRATS HAVE A LOT OF MODERATE DEMOCRATS HAVE TO GO BACK TO THEIR DISTRICTS TO GO BACK TO THEIR DISTRICTS AND HAVE MEETINGS AND THERE ARE AND HAVE MEETINGS AND THERE ARE GOING TO BE VERY ANGRY STUNS TO GOING TO BE VERY ANGRY STUNS TO WANT TO TO KNOW WHY THEY VOTED WANT TO TO KNOW WHY THEY VOTED TO TABLE THIS.

TO TABLE THIS.

THAT’S WHAT NANCY PELOSI HOPED THAT’S WHAT NANCY PELOSI HOPED TO AVOID AND THAT SQUARELY TO AVOID AND THAT SQUARELY LANDED ON HER PLATE TODAY.

LANDED ON HER PLATE TODAY.

>> MY TURN? >> MY TURN? >> GO AHEAD.

>> GO AHEAD.

>> WELL, SHE’S DISSED A LARGE >> WELL, SHE’S DISSED A LARGE COMPONENT OF HER XOOENT COMPONENT OF HER XOOENT COMPONENT.

COMPONENT.

SHE HAS SIDED WITH REPUBLICANS.

SHE HAS SIDED WITH REPUBLICANS.

THEY GIVE LIP SERVICE TO THE THEY GIVE LIP SERVICE TO THE FACT THAT NO PERSON IS ABOVE THE FACT THAT NO PERSON IS ABOVE THE LAW WHEN PLAINLY THEY DON’T LAW WHEN PLAINLY THEY DON’T INVOKE THE LAW IN ANY INSTANCE INVOKE THE LAW IN ANY INSTANCE AGAINST HIS VIOLATIONS FROM LAW, AGAINST HIS VIOLATIONS FROM LAW, CONSTITUTION, RACISM, DEMEANOR, CONSTITUTION, RACISM, DEMEANOR, YOU NAME IT.

YOU NAME IT.

IF WE HAD A TRIAL IN THE SENATE IF WE HAD A TRIAL IN THE SENATE AND McCONNELL LET IT HAPPEN, THE AND McCONNELL LET IT HAPPEN, THE PUBLIC WOULD WOULD GET TO SEE PUBLIC WOULD WOULD GET TO SEE THE EVIDENCE OR THEY WOULD SEE THE EVIDENCE OR THEY WOULD SEE MORE MISCONDUCT THAT WOULD MORE MISCONDUCT THAT WOULD INFORM HOW THEY VOTE.

INFORM HOW THEY VOTE.

IF YOU REMEMBER, CLINTON MAY NOT IF YOU REMEMBER, CLINTON MAY NOT HAVE BEEN CONVICTED IN THE HAVE BEEN CONVICTED IN THE SENATE BUT WE COULDN’T SUCCEED SENATE BUT WE COULDN’T SUCCEED WITH ANOTHER DEMOCRATIC WITH ANOTHER DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENT AND I THINK A LARGE PRESIDENT AND I THINK A LARGE PART OF IT WAS BECAUSE OF WHAT PART OF IT WAS BECAUSE OF WHAT HAPPENED WITH CLINTON.

HAPPENED WITH CLINTON.

>>.

>>.

>> E.

J.

, I HAVE A MEMBER OF >> E.

J.

, I HAVE A MEMBER OF CONGRESS WITH ME.

CONGRESS WITH ME.

I WANT TO HEAR MORE FROM YOU.

I WANT TO HEAR MORE FROM YOU.

BUT WE’RE TALKING SO MUCH ABOUT BUT WE’RE TALKING SO MUCH ABOUT SEARCHING THE HEARTS AND MINDS.

SEARCHING THE HEARTS AND MINDS.

CALIFORNIA CONGRESSWOMAN JACQUE CALIFORNIA CONGRESSWOMAN JACQUE SPIRE.

SPIRE.

YOU I DON’T THINK TAKE A BACK YOU I DON’T THINK TAKE A BACK SEAT TO MANY IN YOUR SEAT TO MANY IN YOUR DISAGREEMENTS AND PROFESSIONAL DISAGREEMENTS AND PROFESSIONAL CRITICISM WITH DONALD TRUMP.

CRITICISM WITH DONALD TRUMP.

BUT I UNDERSTAND YOU VOTED BUT I UNDERSTAND YOU VOTED AGAINST THIS.

AGAINST THIS.

WHY? WHY? >> SO I VOTED TO TABLE IT FOR A >> SO I VOTED TO TABLE IT FOR A VERY SPEC REASON.

VERY SPEC REASON.

THIS PARTICULAR RESOLUTION TO THIS PARTICULAR RESOLUTION TO IMPEACH WAS BASED ON HIS RACIST IMPEACH WAS BASED ON HIS RACIST COMMENTS AND THAT ALONE.

COMMENTS AND THAT ALONE.

WHAT WE ARE ABOUT TO HEAR NEXT WHAT WE ARE ABOUT TO HEAR NEXT WEEK FROM THE SPECIAL COUNSEL TO WEEK FROM THE SPECIAL COUNSEL TO LAY IT OUT TO THE AMERICAN LAY IT OUT TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE THE REASONS I BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE THE REASONS I BELIEVE THAT THE PRESIDENT SHOULD BE THAT THE PRESIDENT SHOULD BE IMPEACHED.

IMPEACHED.

THAT WAS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS THAT WAS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS RESOLUTION.

RESOLUTION.

SO I DO THINK THAT YOUR FORMER SO I DO THINK THAT YOUR FORMER GUESTS WERE A LITTLE TOO GUESTS WERE A LITTLE TOO AGGRESSIVE IN THINKING THAT AGGRESSIVE IN THINKING THAT SOMEHOW THE DEMOCRATIC CAUCUS IS SOMEHOW THE DEMOCRATIC CAUCUS IS SPLITTING FROM SPEAKER PELOSI.

SPLITTING FROM SPEAKER PELOSI.

I DON’T THINK THAT’S THE CASE AT I DON’T THINK THAT’S THE CASE AT ALL.

ALL.

>> WELL, I THINK WHAT THE GUESTS >> WELL, I THINK WHAT THE GUESTS ARE REFERRING TO IS THIS IS THE ARE REFERRING TO IS THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IMPEACHMENT HAS FIRST TIME IMPEACHMENT HAS GOTTEN TO THE FLOOR.

GOTTEN TO THE FLOOR.

IF IT WAS SET UP TO BE TABLED OR IF IT WAS SET UP TO BE TABLED OR TO BE QUASHED OR SET UP TO FAIL, TO BE QUASHED OR SET UP TO FAIL, I THINK THE CRITICISM AND I’LL I THINK THE CRITICISM AND I’LL ALLOW TO YOU RESPOND ON BEHALF ALLOW TO YOU RESPOND ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR THE THINKING OF OF YOURSELF OR THE THINKING OF LEADERSHIP IF YOU WISH — IS LEADERSHIP IF YOU WISH — IS THAT IT’S NOT BEEN TEED UP TO THAT IT’S NOT BEEN TEED UP TO HAVE A MUELLER-RELATED VOTE.

HAVE A MUELLER-RELATED VOTE.

NOW THERE’S BEEN ONE VOTE TO NOW THERE’S BEEN ONE VOTE TO TABLE AND THE SPEAKER HAS NOT TABLE AND THE SPEAKER HAS NOT SAID TO MY NONE, THERE’S GOING SAID TO MY NONE, THERE’S GOING TO BE A MUELLER-RELATED TO BE A MUELLER-RELATED IMPEACHMENT VOTE AFTER WEDNESDAY IMPEACHMENT VOTE AFTER WEDNESDAY EITHER.

EITHER.

I SUPPOSE WHAT IS THE RESPONSE I SUPPOSE WHAT IS THE RESPONSE TO THAT? TO THAT? >> MY RESPONSE TO THAT IS LET’S >> MY RESPONSE TO THAT IS LET’S HAVE THE HEARING WHERE WE CAN HAVE THE HEARING WHERE WE CAN HEAR FOUR HOURS OR FIVE HOURS OF HEAR FOUR HOURS OR FIVE HOURS OF BOB MUELLER TALKING ABOUT THAT BOB MUELLER TALKING ABOUT THAT REPORT TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

REPORT TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

I THINK THERE’S MANY OF US WHO I THINK THERE’S MANY OF US WHO HAVE ALREADY GONE ON RECORD THAT HAVE ALREADY GONE ON RECORD THAT WE WANT TO INITIATE AN WE WANT TO INITIATE AN IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY FOR THE IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY FOR THE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE AND MANY OF JUDICIARY COMMITTEE AND MANY OF THOSE MEMBERS DID NOT VOTE FOR THOSE MEMBERS DID NOT VOTE FOR THIS IMPEACHMENT RESOLUTION.

THIS IMPEACHMENT RESOLUTION.

HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS, HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS, THERE’S NO QUESTION THAT THIS THERE’S NO QUESTION THAT THIS PRESIDENT HAS MADE RACIST PRESIDENT HAS MADE RACIST COMMENTS.

COMMENTS.

I BELIEVE THAT HE IS RACIST.

I BELIEVE THAT HE IS RACIST.

BUT THAT ALONE IS NOT SUFFICIENT BUT THAT ALONE IS NOT SUFFICIENT I BELIEVE TOE IMPEACH HIM.

I BELIEVE TOE IMPEACH HIM.

I THINK A COVER-UP, OBSTRUCTING I THINK A COVER-UP, OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE, WORKING WITH THE JUSTICE, WORKING WITH THE RUSSIANS TO INTERVENE IN THE RUSSIANS TO INTERVENE IN THE ELECTION, COOPERATING WITH THE ELECTION, COOPERATING WITH THE RUSSIANS, BE TACITLY CONSPIRING RUSSIANS, BE TACITLY CONSPIRING WITH THE RUSSIANS, THOSE ARE ALL WITH THE RUSSIANS, THOSE ARE ALL REASONS I BELIEVE THAT WE WOULD REASONS I BELIEVE THAT WE WOULD BE WILLING TO IMPEACH.

BE WILLING TO IMPEACH.

>> YOU MENTIONED WHAT YOU >> YOU MENTIONED WHAT YOU DESCRIBED AS THE PRESIDENT’S DESCRIBED AS THE PRESIDENT’S RACIST COMMENTS AND, OF COURSE, RACIST COMMENTS AND, OF COURSE, I WAS QUOTING THE RESOLUTION I WAS QUOTING THE RESOLUTION EARLIER.

EARLIER.

HE SAYS THIS IS ALL WORKING.

HE SAYS THIS IS ALL WORKING.

WHICH IS QUITE A STATEMENT.

WHICH IS QUITE A STATEMENT.

THAT HE’S WINNING.

THAT HE’S WINNING.

TAKE A LISTEN TO THE PRESIDENT TAKE A LISTEN TO THE PRESIDENT SAYING THAT THIS IS ALL THE WAY SAYING THAT THIS IS ALL THE WAY HE WANTED IT TO GO DOWN THIS HE WANTED IT TO GO DOWN THIS WEEK.

WEEK.

>> I DO THINK I’M WINNING THE >> I DO THINK I’M WINNING THE POLITICAL FIGHT.

POLITICAL FIGHT.

I THINK I’M WINNING IT BY A LOT.

I THINK I’M WINNING IT BY A LOT.

I THINK THAT THEY ARE NOT I THINK THAT THEY ARE NOT ESPOUSING THE VIEWS OF OUR ESPOUSING THE VIEWS OF OUR COUNTY.

COUNTY.

THE FOUR CONGRESS WOMEN.

THE FOUR CONGRESS WOMEN.

I THINK THAT THEY’VE SAID I THINK THAT THEY’VE SAID HORRIBLE THINGS THAT THE PRESS HORRIBLE THINGS THAT THE PRESS DOESN’T COVER.

DOESN’T COVER.

>> CONGRESSWOMAN? >> CONGRESSWOMAN? >> WELL, MY RESPONSE TO THAT IS, >> WELL, MY RESPONSE TO THAT IS, THIS IS NOT ABOUT WINNING AND THIS IS NOT ABOUT WINNING AND THAT’S WHERE THE PRESIDENT IS.

THAT’S WHERE THE PRESIDENT IS.

HE DOESN’T WANT TO DO ANY POLICY HE DOESN’T WANT TO DO ANY POLICY WORK.

WORK.

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE EXPECT US TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE EXPECT US TO COME TOGETHER, NEGOTIATE, AND COME TOGETHER, NEGOTIATE, AND COME UP WITH SOME SOLUTIONS.

COME UP WITH SOME SOLUTIONS.

I’VE STARTED TO #STOP TWEETING, I’VE STARTED TO #STOP TWEETING, START LEADING.

START LEADING.

BECAUSE I’M TIRED OF RESPONDING BECAUSE I’M TIRED OF RESPONDING TO EVERY HORRENDOUS TWEET THAT TO EVERY HORRENDOUS TWEET THAT HE PUTS OUT.

HE PUTS OUT.

HE PUTS OUT HE OR FOUR A DAY.

HE PUTS OUT HE OR FOUR A DAY.

AND WE’RE — WE END UP AND WE’RE — WE END UP RESPONDING TO THAT AND NOT RESPONDING TO THAT AND NOT SITTING DOWN AND TRYING TO SITTING DOWN AND TRYING TO NEGOTIATE REDUCING THE COSTS OF NEGOTIATE REDUCING THE COSTS OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS, BUILDING PRESCRIPTION DRUGS, BUILDING MORE INFRASTRUCTURE, AND GETTING MORE INFRASTRUCTURE, AND GETTING RID OF CORRUPTION.

RID OF CORRUPTION.

THOSE ARE THE THINGS THAT THE THOSE ARE THE THINGS THAT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WANT US TO AMERICAN PEOPLE WANT US TO ENGAGE IN.

ENGAGE IN.

>> I DON’T WANT TO MAKE LIGHT OF >> I DON’T WANT TO MAKE LIGHT OF ANYTHING BUT IT’S ALWAYS THAT ANYTHING BUT IT’S ALWAYS THAT PARADOX IF YOU’RE TWEETING ABOUT PARADOX IF YOU’RE TWEETING ABOUT NOT TWEETING, WHERE DOES THAT NOT TWEETING, WHERE DOES THAT GET YOU.

GET YOU.

ALTHOUGH HASHTAGS CAN SPREAD AND ALTHOUGH HASHTAGS CAN SPREAD AND INSPIRE THE BETTER ANGELS OF OUR INSPIRE THE BETTER ANGELS OF OUR NATURE TO THE THINK MORE AND NATURE TO THE THINK MORE AND PERHAPS TWEET LESS OR RETWEET PERHAPS TWEET LESS OR RETWEET SOME OF THE BILE OUT OF THE SOME OF THE BILE OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE TWITTER ACCOUNT.

WHITE HOUSE TWITTER ACCOUNT.

BEFORE I LET YOU GO, THERE’S BEFORE I LET YOU GO, THERE’S THIS THING THAT HAPPENS WITH THE THIS THING THAT HAPPENS WITH THE NEWS.

NEWS.

OBVIOUSLY, I TOLD MY VIEWERS AT OBVIOUSLY, I TOLD MY VIEWERS AT THE TOP HOW RARE IT IS TO EVEN THE TOP HOW RARE IT IS TO EVEN HAVE A FLOOR VOTE ON HAVE A FLOOR VOTE ON IMPEACHMENT.

IMPEACHMENT.

THIS WAS THE FIRST ONE SINCE THIS WAS THE FIRST ONE SINCE YOUR PARTY TOOK OFFICE.

YOUR PARTY TOOK OFFICE.

THAT’S A BIG STORY.

THAT’S A BIG STORY.

IT’S NOT THE ONLY THING GOING IT’S NOT THE ONLY THING GOING ON, AS YOU KNOW, IN A VERY HE ON, AS YOU KNOW, IN A VERY HE FORMAL WAY WITH TEETH THAT COULD FORMAL WAY WITH TEETH THAT COULD MATTER IN LITIGATION.

MATTER IN LITIGATION.

YOU AND YOUR COLLEAGUES ARE YOU AND YOUR COLLEAGUES ARE MOVING FORWARD ON VOTES TO HOLD MOVING FORWARD ON VOTES TO HOLD OTHER TRUMP OFFICIALS IN OTHER TRUMP OFFICIALS IN CONTEMPT.

CONTEMPT.

WALK US THROUGH WHAT THAT MEANS, WALK US THROUGH WHAT THAT MEANS, WHY THAT’S IMPORTANT, WHAT IT WHY THAT’S IMPORTANT, WHAT IT WOULD ACHIEVE.

WOULD ACHIEVE.

>> WHY THAT’S IMPORTANT IS THAT >> WHY THAT’S IMPORTANT IS THAT THE OVERSIGHT FUNCTION OF OUR THE OVERSIGHT FUNCTION OF OUR OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE HAS BEEN OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE HAS BEEN THWARTED BY THE PRESIDENT WHO IS THWARTED BY THE PRESIDENT WHO IS BASICALLY TELLING ALL OF THE BASICALLY TELLING ALL OF THE ADMINISTRATION OFFICIALS NOT TO ADMINISTRATION OFFICIALS NOT TO THE COOPERATE BEFORE REQUESTS THE COOPERATE BEFORE REQUESTS FOR DEPOSITIONS AND HEARINGS.

FOR DEPOSITIONS AND HEARINGS.

AND IN PARTICULAR, THE CENSUS AND IN PARTICULAR, THE CENSUS ISSUE IS ONE WHERE THE PRESIDENT ISSUE IS ONE WHERE THE PRESIDENT THINKS HE’S WINNING BECAUSE HE THINKS HE’S WINNING BECAUSE HE HAS NOW CHILLED MANY PEOPLE IN HAS NOW CHILLED MANY PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY FROM PARTICIPATING THIS COUNTRY FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE CENSUS.

IN THE CENSUS.

HE DIDN’T GET HIS QUESTION ON HE DIDN’T GET HIS QUESTION ON THE CENSUS THAT ASKED WHETHER OR THE CENSUS THAT ASKED WHETHER OR NOT YOU WERE A U.

S.

CITIZEN.

NOT YOU WERE A U.

S.

CITIZEN.

THAT’S IMPORTANT BECAUSE STATES THAT’S IMPORTANT BECAUSE STATES LIKE CALIFORNIA COULD IN FACT LIKE CALIFORNIA COULD IN FACT LOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF LOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN JUST ONE PROGRAM.

DOLLARS IN JUST ONE PROGRAM.

THE PROGRAM AS IT RELATES TO THE PROGRAM AS IT RELATES TO FEDERAL FUNDING FOR ROADS.

FEDERAL FUNDING FOR ROADS.

IT’S A $5 BILLION POT OF MONEY IT’S A $5 BILLION POT OF MONEY THAT IS BASED ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY THAT IS BASED ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY ON THE CENSUS.

ON THE CENSUS.

SO I THINK THAT THE AMERICAN SO I THINK THAT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF ALL OF THIS.

PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF ALL OF THIS.

I DON’T BLAME THEM.

I DON’T BLAME THEM.

I’M TIRED OF IT TOO, BUT WHAT WE I’M TIRED OF IT TOO, BUT WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS TRY AND GET THE NEED TO DO IS TRY AND GET THE PRESIDENT REFOCUSED ON PRESIDENT REFOCUSED ON LEADERSHIP WHICH MEANS SITTING LEADERSHIP WHICH MEANS SITTING DOWN WITH US AND NEGOTIATING DOWN WITH US AND NEGOTIATING SOME OF THESE THORNY ISSUES.

SOME OF THESE THORNY ISSUES.

>> CONGRESSWOMAN SPIRE ON THIS >> CONGRESSWOMAN SPIRE ON THIS BUSY NIGHT WITH ALL THESE VOTES, BUSY NIGHT WITH ALL THESE VOTES, THANKS YOU FOR JOINING US.

THANKS YOU FOR JOINING US.

I APPRECIATE IT.

I APPRECIATE IT.

>> THAT AVERAGE YOU.

>> THAT AVERAGE YOU.

>> I’M GOING TO RESET WITH ONE >> I’M GOING TO RESET WITH ONE FINAL LIGHTNING ROUND.

FINAL LIGHTNING ROUND.

WE HEARD OUR PANELISTS TOLD BY WE HEARD OUR PANELISTS TOLD BY THIS MEMBER OF CONGRESS THEY THIS MEMBER OF CONGRESS THEY WERE TOO AGGRESSIVE.

WERE TOO AGGRESSIVE.

SOME OF THEM.

SOME OF THEM.

FLANNERY, I THINK IT WAS YOU.

FLANNERY, I THINK IT WAS YOU.

FINAL LIGHTNING ROUND, MY FINAL LIGHTNING ROUND, MY PRODUCER IS TELLING ME I HAVE 80 PRODUCER IS TELLING ME I HAVE 80 SECONDS LEFT.

SECONDS LEFT.

YOU JUST HEARD THE MEMBER OF YOU JUST HEARD THE MEMBER OF CONGRESS, EACH OF YOU IN A CONGRESS, EACH OF YOU IN A SENTENCE OR TWO, ANY RESPONSE AT SENTENCE OR TWO, ANY RESPONSE AT WHAT’S IMPORTANT FOR CONGRESS WHAT’S IMPORTANT FOR CONGRESS GOING FROM HERE ON THIS HISTORIC GOING FROM HERE ON THIS HISTORIC NIGHT STARTING WITH FLANNERY? NIGHT STARTING WITH FLANNERY? >> THEY HAVE TO STOP BEING A >> THEY HAVE TO STOP BEING A CONGRESSIONAL CREAM PUFF AND DOB CONGRESSIONAL CREAM PUFF AND DOB SOMETHING BACK IT AFTERWARDS SOMETHING BACK IT AFTERWARDS JUST LIKE ALL THE PROMISES THEY JUST LIKE ALL THE PROMISES THEY MADE TO DO SOMETHING AND FAILED MADE TO DO SOMETHING AND FAILED TO DO.

TO DO.

>> DANIELLEA.

>> DANIELLEA.

>> I DO AGREE THEY NEED TO PUT >> I DO AGREE THEY NEED TO PUT SOME TEETH BEHIND THEIR ACTIONS.

SOME TEETH BEHIND THEIR ACTIONS.

>> E.

J.

? >> E.

J.

? >> HOLD THEM IN CONTEMPT, HAVE >> HOLD THEM IN CONTEMPT, HAVE HEARINGS, BUILD A CASE.

HEARINGS, BUILD A CASE.

AND THEN HAVE THIS VOTE SOMETIME AND THEN HAVE THIS VOTE SOMETIME DOWN THE ROAD.

DOWN THE ROAD.

>> PROFESSOR? >> PROFESSOR? >> I SAID WHAT I SAID AND I’LL >> I SAID WHAT I SAID AND I’LL KEEP SAYING IT.

KEEP SAYING IT.

I DON’T KNOW THAT THIS WAS THE I DON’T KNOW THAT THIS WAS THE HILL TO DIE ON, BUT I DO THINK HILL TO DIE ON, BUT I DO THINK WHAT HAPPENED TODAY SHOWS THAT WHAT HAPPENED TODAY SHOWS THAT SPEAKER PELOSI IS LOSING SOME SPEAKER PELOSI IS LOSING SOME MOMENTUM SHE HAD IN HOLDING THIS MOMENTUM SHE HAD IN HOLDING THIS CAUCUS TOGETHER.

CAUCUS TOGETHER.

>> INTERESTING.

>> INTERESTING.

THAT POINT YOU RAISE WHICH IS THAT POINT YOU RAISE WHICH IS SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE MORAL SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE MORAL DEBATE AND THE PROCEDURAL ONE DEBATE AND THE PROCEDURAL ONE IS, TONIGHT WAS GOING TO BE IS, TONIGHT WAS GOING TO BE ABOUT SOME OTHER THINGS.

ABOUT SOME OTHER THINGS.

AND AS YOU SAY, THERE WAS ENOUGH AND AS YOU SAY, THERE WAS ENOUGH PRESSURE THAT THIS VOTE WENT PRESSURE THAT THIS VOTE WENT FORWARD RATHER THAN SHUTTING IT FORWARD RATHER THAN SHUTTING IT DOWN.

DOWN.

SHE DID HOLD THE VOTE SO NOW.